well i got a couple of problems fixed and all but now when i read asmguru i do exactly as it says except my compiled code does not look the same and the simple command of just clearing home crashes my calc could it be my compiler or what. and does anyone know where i can find more than one good asm tutorial.
Post your code Idea ASM for the regular 83's is much harder to come by than tutorials for the 83+. I think Kerm said it's mostly the same, so you might want to talk to him. He knows more about 83 be asm than me
have you tried ASM in 28?
Yup, definitely post up your code here.
.NOLIST
#define end .end
#define END .end
#define equ .equ
#define EQU .equ
#include "ti83asm.inc"
#include "tokens.inc"
.LIST
.org 9327h
call _clrLCDFull

ret

.end

that is the code i have gotten errors such as my memmory being reduced to 57 memory only anbd it has also caused my calculator to crash multiple times. and in case you need to know where i got the code from i got it from asmguru.
1. be sure to indent the call _clrlcdfull and the ret
2. you need the word END on a newline after .end

Other than that, it should work. Are you _sure_ you have an 83, not a plus?
absolutley sure but is not one of the older versions it is one of the newer models of ti-83. i am sure you know what i am talking about.
What exactly do you mean by newer models? Like the newer models that have the lcd problem reported in other forums?
No no something1990, that's only 83+s. lafferjm - you mean the one with the blue-on-green/ blue-on-yellow type screen. Fair enough. Are you usingSend9(prgmNAME ? What are you using to assemble it?
i am using tasm32 to assmeble it then i send it to obj83 and yes i use send(9prgmname. and i do not know what you mean by blue-on-green/blue-on-yellow. so here is a picture of it [url]http://bfe.hachti.de/pix/ti83.jpg

that link will show you a picture.[/url]
Oh, that's actually an older style, identical to my very first calculator. The program you have written should work perfectly. Try posting the code again, but wrap it in [code] tags this time.
will do here it is.

Code:
.NOLIST         
#define end .end
#define END .end
#define equ .equ
#define EQU .equ
#include "ti83asm.inc"
#include "tokens.inc"
.LIST         
.org 9327h
   call _clrLCDFull

ret

.end

[/code]
i have two questions. one is what exactly is the textscroll flag and the other is is there an easier way to display text so that i do not have to keep track of so many labels.
I believe the textscrollflag is a flag (I assume you know what that is) that controlls whether _Puts will scroll the text up if it goes off the bottom of the screen.

I'm not sure what you mean by avoiding so many labels. A good trick to use if you want to display multiple lines of text is to just make it all one label. For example:

Code:

b_call(_homeup)
ld hl,bigmessage
b_call(_PutS)
ret

bigmessage:
  .db "This is an      "
  .db "Example of     "
  .db "how to do multip"
  .db "le lines",0
by avoiding many labels i meant using a different level for each line but you solved that with your answer. and i guess i will experiment with the textscroll flag.
Cool, just make sure you put 16 characters in each line so that it automatically goes to the next line. Also, if you're using small text putting $D6 at the end of the current line will create a new line.
so if i was using bcall(_vputs) i would do this

Code:

bcall(_homeup)
ld hl,bigmessage
bcall(_vputs)
ret

bigmessage:
  .db "This is an      ",$d6
  .db "Example of     ",$d6
  .db "how to do multip",$d6
  .db "le lines",0
I believe _vputs displays text on the graph screen.
i thought that is what he meant by small text. and i did not find any difference in how text acts if you use textscrolled,(iy+textflags)
Whoops, my bad. I didn't see the $D6 after each of those lines. However, you don't need all of those extra spaces, $D6 just tells it to go down a line.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours