i know i just copy and pasted his code and did not feel like changing it.
adding a ,$d6 to the end of the line did not make it go down an extra line. it still only showed the first line.
this is the code i am using:

Code:

about:
 bcall(_clrlcdfull)
 ld hl,0*256+0
 ld (pencol),hl
 ld hl,info
 bcall(_vputs)
 bcall(_getkey)
 jp start

info:
 .db "This is a game called Ansalon",$D6
 .db "and is in no way similar to the",$D6
 .db "online mud.  The controls are very",$D6
 .db "simple.",$D6
 .db " ",$D6
 .db "Arrows=Move",$D6
 .db "Clear=Quit",0

and it is not making it so that it goes down one line. it just shows the first line and cuts off part of the n on ansalon. also i am programming it in ion but is there still a way i can make it have a custom dcs icon.
I just found out that $D6 is ASCII for the new line found in the program editor, so it only works on the homescreen.
so i am going to have to use a seperate label for each line.
I guess so. There is a _vnewline call for Mirage OS but MOS isn't on the 83s, unfortunately.
calc84maniac wrote:
I just found out that $D6 is ASCII for the new line found in the program editor, so it only works on the homescreen.

The ASCII for a newline is 10 ($0A), $D6 (214) is outside of ASCII range Smile (You are correct in that $D6 is TI's newline, but not that it is ASCII - may seem nitpicky, but it is an important distiction due to TI not following ASCII, which could trip up newbs)

@Lafferjm: Or you could create your own multi-line text display. Shouldn't be overly hard, just check each byte for D6, and if it is, scroll down a line and continue, if its not, then check if its 0, and if it is, return from the call, otherwise call _vputc and display it
If you use the GUIStack, just use multiline text with $D6's as newlines.
Ah, but remember that he has a normal 83, therefore, no GUIStack.
and kllrnohj i am not that talented at asm so i might just use seperate labels
Plz, just use this routine:

Code:
vputsnl:
   ld a,(penrow)
   ld b,7
   add a,b
   ld (penrow),a
   xor a
   ld (pencol),a
vputs:
  ld a,(hl)
  inc hl
  or a
  ret z
  cp $D6
  jr z,vputsnl
  bcall(_vputmap)
  jr vputs

Just replace all of your bcall(_vputs) with call vputs.
so insert your code call it and than everything else leave as is.
Yep, and you don't need those padding spaces as people already discussed.
i wish i was that good at asm. maybe someday i will be.
At this point, I'd suggest you just copy the routine in, and accept that it works. If you work on the basics and keep practicing than there's nothing you can't do. Wink
alright. and i added that and my sprite draw and erase to an inc file called usefull.inc. and when i do the header i put:

Code:

.nolist
#include "usefull.inc"
#include "keyval.inc"

oh and usefull has an include to ion.inc in it. but i get this error when it comes time to compile

File too large! Binary file may not be larger than 26000 bytes.

how would i fix that.
I'm honestly unsure of what the problem is, but I don't profess to be an expert on include files so maybe we can both learn something here. I'm going to guess that you can't include a file in an include file. In other words, your including ion.inc in usefull.inc. I'd try just including ion.inc in the main program and not in usefull.inc and see if that helps at all. If that's not the problem, than I'm not sure what is. Usefull.inc isn't over 26000 bytes, right Laughing
ive tried that. i dont even think all three combined are that big. who knows.
Hmph. You do have .end's at the end of the include files, right?
no. but i will try. if that doesnt work i will just save the routines and paste them in if i need them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours