PI
 0%  [ 0 ]
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679
 45%  [ 5 ]
 0%  [ 0 ]
22 / 7
 0%  [ 0 ]
355 / 113
 0%  [ 0 ]
ln(-1) / i
 9%  [ 1 ]
The radian equivalent of 180 degrees
 9%  [ 1 ]
Yum
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

That's right everybody. The infamous day is upon us. Does anybody have any plans for tomorrow? I plan on humbling my statistics teacher by reciting more pi than him (he always brags that he can recite 75 or so digits).

To make tomorrow all the more special, it's also Einstein's Birthday! Very Happy
shoot....I completely forgot....I had math class today to, but we had one of the leaders of the Cassini-Huygens mission giving a lecture at our schol
I'm gonna wear a shirt with a picture of a pie on it, right next to a square root symbol. Very Happy
I didn't realize until today. I flipped over my day calendar, noted it was Einstien's birthday tomorrow, then realized that tomorrow was the 14 of March! I think I am going to go around to people tomorrow wishing them a happy holiday as ambiguously as I can Evil or Very Mad
I'm wearing a shirt that says, 'Pi is irrational and delicious.' On the back it has 'I', then a heart, and then the PI symbol.
man, I need one of either of those shirts. Tommorow is MEAP (state stanardized test) and I don't know if there is time deal with anytihng pi. I will do what I can though
Let's have a competition to write the best digits o' pi generatin' program. Good Idea
Here are a shirt:
http://www.scienceteecher.com/have_your_pi.htm
Mine says "Got milk! Need π!" and has a bunch of digits on the back...too bad it doesn't fit too well anymore...
I don't know about generating, but I'm in the process of writing one that sees how much you already know. It only goes up to 50 digits at the moment, but the engine is pretty much complete. I just need to add more digits to my array.

EDIT: This is in QBASIC, not on a calc.

Though that would be fun to port...
Happy pi day everyone! I shall release a beta of Doors CS 3.14
Haha
Nice.
KermMartian wrote:
Happy pi day everyone! I shall release a beta of Doors CS 3.14

How about releasing Doors CS 5.92654? Would that be a little easier? Laughing
I can release DCS 5.5 - 55 is in pi somewhere. Very Happy
You could argue that you could release any version you want, saying that since pi is nonrepeating nonterminating any combination of numbers has to be in its digits.
Exactly. Very Happy And since I just finished 5.5 Beta 1, I shall release it.
yay!! And the people rejoiced!
<-- Sidebar news. There's just one caveat: I didn't reeliminate that scroll bug.
Looks good. I'll try it out tonight.
/me waits for an admin to make a topic about it. Very Happy
yay! Pi time!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours