BZC
elfprince13 wrote:
well looky there....Google Desktop still hasn't found it though.

try forcing google desktop to rebuild its index, and then wait a good 3 hours or so, and search again
I think Im going to. It still seems to think that the installer is on the desktop even the i deleted it weeks ago.
elfprince13 wrote:
I think Im going to. It still seems to think that the installer is on the desktop even the I deleted it weeks ago.

make sure its updating its index daily then, if you want quicker turn-around on it
Kllrnohj wrote:
the windows one does - that tripped me up for a second there too, but it automatically installs the .exe (and lord knows what else) into a system directory that is in the %PATH%, therefore you can just open a CMD and type BZC

The Windows installer puts the exe as well as a folder named "Include" (containing the various include files) into C:\WINDOWS.

I'm one of the authors of BZC, so feel free to ask me anything about it.
hmm, might now work on my comp then (My Windows folder in on the G drive).

Could you post a little of the code this thing uses?
You mean some BASIC ASM code, I assume?
In any case, a sample program:

#include <asmlib.h>

STRING msg = "Hello World!"

START
cls
PRINTF 0 0 msg
END

I bet everyone can guess what this program does... Smile
I think he was thinking the source of the compiler...
no the language put into it is what I wanted
By the way guys, I posted on the ticalc.org poll forum about us being interested in this project, hence their sudden appearance.
ok, whatever really, members are members.
...huh?
m replying to how you said they came here
KermMartian wrote:
Smile Good point. I think we should get them to come over here so we can discuss it with them.
^That's what I was talking about...
Snave2000 wrote:
The Windows installer puts the exe as well as a folder named "Include" (containing the various include files) into C:\WINDOWS.

I'm one of the authors of BZC, so feel free to ask me anything about it.

Does it just put it straight into C:/WINDOWS? I mean, you might want to change it so it goes to the var for the windir (i forgot what it is, something like %win% or %windows% ).

but even better than that would be to put it all in a /bin file in the install directory, and just do a %path% = %path%;instaldirectory so that you aren't burrying stuff on the users comp
Snave2000 wrote:
You mean some BASIC ASM code, I assume?
In any case, a sample program:

#include <asmlib.h>

STRING msg = "Hello World!"

START
cls
PRINTF 0 0 msg
END

I bet everyone can guess what this program does... Smile

This is why I love BZC. It is so wonderfully simple, simpler than TI BASIC at this point. The fact that it compiles like ASM makes it powerful as well. ASM code can also be inserted into BZC code to make it even more powerful. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Wait...that's just a bunch of TASM macros...I could do that... Very Happy
That is probably why you were interested in this project. If Kerm works on this language it is sure to be great... Hey maybe this could be that universal language for DCS we were talking about in another topic.
Nah, true C compilation is superior to ASM macros.
KermMartian wrote:
Nah, true C compilation is superior to ASM macros.

...but larger Wink
Actually no, because with C you can reuse functions you use multiple times. Macros are essentually find-and-replace coding.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
BZC
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours