dopeheaddude wrote:
Well, I just looked back into our emails and found one dated 1/23/2005, with this link:

http://geocities.com/thorneycroft_225/boris.htm

I bet you don't remember it, but it's named after me (Boris).

I thought the coding you was using looked like RPGSK. Wink Everything on that page has to do with the RPGSK...

elfprince13 wrote:
thats old.....

Not nearly as old as you think. That was probably one of the last pages added to geocities before I made the move to calcgames...
Hmm, interesting. Was that RPGSK actually ever finished?
There are some updates that I need to do, and I still need to rewrite the developers guide...
BASIC Code wrote:
:If G=1:Then
:If L=1:Then
:If M=1:Then
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X R X XX X X XX X X XX X X XX XX XX X"Str1
:End
:If M=2:Then
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX P X X X X X XXX "Str1
:If M=3:Then
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX PXE **X X **X X **X X **X X **X XXXXXXXXXXXX XMages LairX"Str1
:End:End
:If L=2:Then
:"XXXXXX XX X X X XXXX X X X X XX XXXXXXXXX "Str1
:"XXX S XXX XX X X P XXXXX XXXXX "Str1
:" XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXX X X X SX XXXXX X X X"Str1
:If L=3:Then
:"XBattle X XGroundsX XXXXXXXXX X** EXP X** X X** X X** X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:" P XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:" X X X X X X X X XX X X XCX X X X X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:End:End:End
:If G=2:Then
:If L=4:Then
:If M=0:Then
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX***************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX***************X***************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX***************X XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX****************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX********************************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX****************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX****************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX********************************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX****************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX************ XXXXXXXXXXXXX X************ X************ XXXXXXXXXXXXX X************ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX X"Str1
:If L=5:Then
:"X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*X*************X*X*************X*X*************X*X*************X*X*************X*X*************X*X XXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX************************************************************************************************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX************************************************************************************************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXX X***************X***************X***************X***************X***************X***************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:If L=6:Then
:"X X XXXXXXXXXXXXX***************X***************X***************X***************X***************X***************XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX************* X************* X************* X************* X************* X************* EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:If G=3:Then
:If L=7:Then
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - X[ ] - X[P][ ] - X [-][ ] X [-] X X "Str1
:If M=4:Then
:"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX PXE *********X X *********X X *********X X *********X X *********X X *********X XXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:If L=8:Then
:"X X - X - [ ] X[ ][ ] X[ ][P] X[-] X XFXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:If M=4:Then
:" XXXXXXXXXXXXX --- X ( ) X [ ] X [ ] X [--R--] X XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"Str1
:ClrHome
:Output(1,1,Str1
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech

A) Why do I need Then - End (in red)? Isn't there only 1 command in there? Defining the string?
When I remove the Then and End, it gives me errors. Confused

B) This one file is 3700 and counting. If this game get as big as I hope, it will get much over 10000 at this rate! How can I get this to work while Archived?
1. It should be ok to remove the Then/End
2. You'll have to unarchive it when it needs to be executed.
2. There is no way to have it run while archived?
Not at all. The only thing is something called FlashGordon, which just copies it into RAM, but it still requires the same amount of RAM free - actually more, because of the size of FlashGordon itself.
Poo.
TI-84+ SE only has 24k RAM...
Oh, well. When I get very short on RAM, I'll post all my code here and get some help with reducing!Razz
Good idea. And if you can break things like maps into smaller pieces, you will be able to archive the unused portions.
Any code I could put in the program that will unarchive a certain file?
Unarchive prgmNAME
Archive prgmNAME

Both found in [2nd][MEM].
Sadly, that only works on the homescreen for programs, and variables in programs. A very good tool for archiving and unarchiving files is Resource, available for download: http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/resource.htm

If you have any questions pertaining to that, post them up here and I will answer to the best of my abilities, though the resource page should explain in detail anything you need to know about the file. Smile
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. I personally never use those commands; I try to keep my programs under 15Kish instead.
Not to offend, but you also don't make large scale games that require many levels and what not. Wink
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Sadly, that only works on the homescreen for programs, and variables in programs. A very good tool for archiving and unarchiving files is Resource, available for download: http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/resource.htm

Translation please? Razz
You cannot use the Archive and UnArchive commands inside a program on a program, only on variables.
In other words, these are valid in a prgm:
Archive A
Unarchive [B]
Archive L3
Unarchive Pic0

but these are invalid:
Archive prgmTEST
Unarchive prgmPWN
Alright! Was wondering why it's giving me an error!

http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/resource.htm

Can anyone, please, give me a brief ENGLISH explanation of this?
I read it, and, like always, it's just a bunch of blah! Rolling Eyes
White stuff: stuff spellshaper said
Aqua stuff: TI-Freak8x added this to make it clearer

Basically, you have to have something (we'll get to this) on one line, then Asm(prgmRESOURCE on the next line. Things on the first line:

:"0[NAME] Copies into RAM prgm[NAME] as prgmTEMP1, then TEMP2, etc
:"0 Deletes TEMP1 (or whatever TEMP has the highest trailing #
The third one is a bit complex, you probably won't need it.
:" " Clean up all TEMPX programs
That explains the syntax of each command in as easy to understand format as I can think of... Sad Even the author thought so...

Basically,

:"0NAME
:Asm(prgmRESOURCE

Will put the code of prgmNAME into a TEMP# program, the highest # can be 9. Then simply call prgmTEMP. To delete one TEMP program, just type

:"0

To delete them all, type

:" "

You can leave off the last quote, I just wanted it there so you can see it was a single space.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours