Hey,
at first: sorry if this is the wrong forum but i thought it fits best in here.

my problem:
My TI-84 plus does not respond to the buttons i press.
I can turn it on and use it but i have to hold every button for 3-4 seconds.
I have already updated the OS, Changed the batteries (ALL!), but it just doesn't work correctly Sad
I googled so much now, but no real help :/
So if someone could help me fixing my problem that would be great.

And sorry for my english. its not my first language
It sounds like you have a short in the link port. When you plug in a pair of headphones via a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, which causes both link port lines to short to ground, the calculators do what you're describing. It's because the calculator's OS thinks something is trying to initiate a silent link transfer, and it ignores the keyboard while it tries to receive data. Is it possible that there's something stuck in the link / I/O port?
Well. I don't know what should be stuck in there. i can't see something ;D
Can I solve it on my own?
____
Suddenly it works again oO
I hope the problem doesn't come back...

Thanks for your help Smile!
Glad to here it! If it does recur, run this ASM program and post the output; it will help us debug what's going on.

Code:
:AsmPrgm
:DB006F2600EF0745C9
The problem recured(?) Sad
I will try the asmprgm and post the result
___
sorrry, but can you explain, how i run that prgm on my ti?
I created it as a new prgm but that didn't work
Recured as in it comes back.

______
You have to use assembly not ti-basic. I'm no pro at ti-calcs but you will need to make it on the computer and put it on the calculator
I dont know about assembly or how to use it :/
Can't i download the programm from somewhere?
You'll have to ask Kerm or learn assembly.
Once you have typed the program in you need to run it with Asm(prgmPRGMNAME rather than just prgmPRGMNAME (where PRGMNAME is the name you gave the program).
dmnkhnngs wrote:
I dont know about assembly or how to use it :/
Can't i download the programm from somewhere?
Just type in the program I gave you as a new program, say prgmA. The AsmPrgm token is in the Catalog ([2nd][0]). Then, on the homescreen, do AsmCmp(prgmA,prgmB), and then run Asm(prgmB.
why on homescreen
"do AsmCmp(prgmA,prgmB), and then run Asm(prgmB"?
I have no prgmB?
__
I did run prgmB now, but it says
ERR:SYNTAX
1: Quit
AsmComp(prgmA,prgmB creates prgmB from prgmA. Although as Benryves pointed out, you don't even need to perform the squishing step; you can just run Asm(prgmA directly.
Okay. I tried Asm(prgmA
it just says "Done"
dmnkhnngs wrote:
Okay. I tried Asm(prgmA
it just says "Done"
Are you sure you copied it out exactly? If so, please try turning off MathPrint, clearing the screen, and trying again.
Yeah, typed it out correctly. :s
But I found a solution : just put somethin in the I/O Port and pull it out again (for me worked a thin pencil). After that it worked correctly again Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours