So for the past few weeks I've been poking at a replacement for the dhahelper based BlackLink/$4Link used by TILP. This new backend uses the native Win32 Comm API to toggle and read the pins meaning no need for an external driver. This means no chance of BSOD's from dhahelper, at least for BlackLink's and $4 Links. Sadly this won't work for the Parallel link but I shall look into that next, though I have a feeling that we have about 0 windows users of it left.

To test here is what you need.
    A BlackLink or $4 Link cable
    A computer running Windows XP or newer(Vista, 7, or 8 preferred*)
    A way to attach said BlackLink or $4 Link to that computer

If you have all of the above here is what I'd like you to do.
    Install the latest TILP II beta Do not install the BlackLink/Parallel Link driver when prompted
    Download my test libticables2-6.dll
    Once TILP II is installed replace the libticables2-6.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\LPG Shared with the one you just downloaded. (If on a 64bit OS it will be Program Files (x86))
    Fire up TILP and try linking.

Report your results in this thread including OS, cable type (Blacklink or $4Link), port type (on Motherboard, addon card, or USB adapter), and how well it seemed to work.

* The current beta of TILP is broken on XP so you can't really test, yet.
As for fixing TILP on XP: I started building a new Windows installer this morning, but Benjamin's patch for potentially fixing dhahelper adds a build failure (I'll adjust both recompile_cross_tilp.sh and libticables/trunk/src/win32/dha/Makefile.am), and then I was too short on time to upload + make a proper post before leaving.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours