Alien Films(a.k.a. swivel games) wrote:
Hey all,

I am working on a movie called Ring of Fire (or Rainbow of Fire still trying to decide). It’s pretty good but I would like you all to review the current plot and tell me what you think. If there is anything you think would be better taken out of the plot or something to add just tell me, I would be happy to take your ideas into consideration.

Ring of Fire Plot wrote:

A Nasa Project goes bad.

NASA (or some other big space org) makes a new ship that will revolutionize space travel, it contains 3 fuel tanks and it has a new way of conserving fuel to use less fuel for longer travels. A Space station was recently created, and the ship would be a prefect way to go back and forth and maybe help to extend out into further space. Two demonstrations are going to be performed on the same day but 6 hours different times, will this make a difference? The first demonstration that is ran is the demonstration for the new shuttle, They were to demonstrate that there ships could fly easily around the earth in the earths atmosphere. During the launch one of the secondary fuel tanks gained a leek, and while it flew its course around the earths surface it created a ring of fuel around the earth. About 6 hours after launch the ship was still in the air about 2/6 around the earth. The US Air Force launched a new jet they created but it flew straight through the ring of fuel igniting it and destroying the Air Forces new jet. This continued to ignite the fuel around the earth creating a 'rainbow of fire' as it looked on the surface of the earth. This situation gets critical, as the fuel ignited the fire would soon catch up to the ship(or the ship would run into it?) and trying to use the secondary fuel tanks to help boost them a way from the flames, it created pressure that the tank could not hold(It was a bad tank) and soon burst creating a path for the fire to rage on until it caught the rest of the tanks and exploded nearly destroying almost all of a country in the third world(the ships course is running east and I haven’t decided which country yet, needs to be one pretty far away from US like china or something around there). The radiation was getting critical, it was affecting the world. The soon. This ring of fire apposed a threat to the world, the only thing they could do is evacuate the world. The remaining countries scheduled a massive world evacuation and evacuated to the stations they had (each country or set of countries had there own station(there were many) please note that this is not sci-fi type stuff its like something that happens close to now, something modern, it is sci-fi but very little.) As the last few remaining ships were evacuating the last 6 ships were destroyed being engulfed by this massive explosion the earth had created while self-destructing due to the radiation. The main characters family got separated during the evacuation and got on separate ships. On one of those last few ships was his family, and he had only wished that they had been on opposite ships. He lost everything including his family, his house, his wife, and his home planet. Though he lost all that he was still head of Nasa as they journey to the unknown universe.

"Armageddon has come, but it was not meant to kill us, but wake us up from our lazy sleep."

copyright 2006(C) Ben Dalrymple

I also need help on deciding the name.

-Alien
Stuff can't burn in a vacuum. 'Nough said. Smile Just Joking
Ring of Fire sounds good.
It was'nt, the tank burst and then it burned. Or I am not getting your point, please explain I would like this to be a little more realistic than some sci-fi movies.

-Swivel
Vacuum = no oxygen. No oxygen = fuel can't spontaneously ignite. And even if it's manually ignited, it immediately extinguishes itself.
I see, I'll work on it. The bells about to ring, see yah, keep posting your reviews/ideas/conflicts.

-Swivel
Other than that, I might recommend doing something with the ending, developing it more or something. So if/how/huh are you going to produce this? Try selling it to a studio?
KermMartian wrote:

*cough, guess you haven't seen that fireball in the sky called the "sun", cough* Wink (yes, i know its not actually "on fire" so much as its a nuclear reaction, but i was making a joke Laughing )

Now, that being said, the fuel could be a ignitable substance + oxygen in one, rather than being mixed "on the fly" like current shuttles do, and that mixed oxygen fuel WOULD be burnable in space
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

*cough, guess you haven't seen that fireball in the sky called the "sun", cough* Wink (yes, I know its not actually "on fire" so much as its a nuclear reaction, but I was making a joke Laughing )

Now, that being said, the fuel could be a ignitable substance + oxygen in one, rather than being mixed "on the fly" like current shuttles do, and that mixed oxygen fuel WOULD be burnable in space

But it would burn out very quickly. And it certaintly wouldn't cause global instability leading to radiation and the Earth blowing up. Smile
Yes, ik it's scifi.
Quote:
*cough, guess you haven't seen that fireball in the sky called the "sun", cough* Wink (yes, I know its not actually "on fire" so much as its a nuclear reaction, but I was making a joke Laughing )

Critical Thinking Question (Laughing): What color is the sun really? Think about it...(for some reason everyone in my family has gotten it wrong...)
KermMartian wrote:
But it would burn out very quickly. And it certaintly wouldn't cause global instability leading to radiation and the Earth blowing up. Smile
Yes, ik it's scifi.

actually, if its rocket fuel mixture, i have a feeling it would EXPLODE more than burn anyway - even here on earth with craploads of oxygen (well, MORESO here on earth...)

Quote:
Critical Thinking Question (Laughing): What color is the sun really? Think about it...(for some reason everyone in my family has gotten it wrong...)

All the pics i've seen of it show it as redish/orange (not a uniform color)
Most of the pics are actually false-colored spectral imaging, but the few actual optical-telescopy pics indicate it's mostly orange with darker sunspots and lighter areas where solar flares predominate.
KermMartian wrote:
Most of the pics are actually false-colored spectral imaging, but the few actual optical-telescopy pics indicate it's mostly orange with darker sunspots and lighter areas where solar flares predominate.

i was referring to the pics like this one:

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2005/images/sun-soho011905-1919z.jpg
KermMartian wrote:
So if/how/huh are you going to produce this? Try selling it to a studio?

I will, I do it all the time. Since I am entering this into a Christian Film Contest, My mom(yes my mom) had the idea of this ending:

Read before reading alterante ending:
In a forest the only way for the pine trees and things can grow and make new is if theres excesive heat in that area. Forest fires are very essential to forests they:

1) Kill the old trees
2) The excesive heat lets the pine cones open up to let out the seeds
3) the forest renews to a better forest than before.

Theres a saying that kinda goes with that. "From the ashes of the old comes the new". Anyway with saying that read the next ending.

Alternate Ending wrote:
The excesive heat was getting critical, and the casualties were getting high. As the heat raged on, this ring of fire apposed a threat to the world, the only thing they could do is evacuate the world. The remaining countries scheduled a massive world evacuation and evacuated to the stations they had (each country or set of countries had there own station(there were many) please note that this is not sci-fi type stuff its like something that happens close to now, something modern, it is sci-fi but very little.) The fire grew, leading to the ground as it burned away every inch of the world away. As the last few remaining ships were evacuating the last 6 ships were destroyed being engulfed by this massive explosion the earth had created due to the polotion of explosives on the earth. The main characters family got separated during the evacuation and got on separate ships. On one of those last few ships was his family, and he had only wished that they had been on opposite ships. He lost everything including his family, his house, his wife, and his home planet. He stared back at the earth as the last spot of the fire earth was being covered by the very smoke it created. A few years later as he staired out the window of the space station he saw blue sky as the smoke pealled back. He read aloud a verse of the bible, that god would create a new heaven and earth. He said aloud "Were going home".

G2g thats the bell.

-Swivel[/quote]
Oh, you said "pollutions of the explosion". Oh. I misread your typo as meaning the earth itself exploded in the film. Hmm, interesting ending, and certainly relevant to the type of contest you'll be submitting it to...
you should look for the old Johnny Cash sone, Ring of Fire, it may work for some music
About the color of the sun: You are correct! For some reason, everyone in my family thought it was pure white for some reason... Confused I kept trying to tell them that it's not hot enough for that Very Happy
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
About the color of the sun: You are correct! For some reason, everyone in my family thought it was pure white for some reason... Confused I kept trying to tell them that it's not hot enough for that Very Happy

bah, of course i'm right Laughing Evil or Very Mad
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

bah, of course I'm right Laughing Evil or Very Mad

No, I am/was right. Always. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
bah, of course I'm right Laughing Evil or Very Mad

No, I am/was right. Always. Very Happy

we both said the same thing, silly Laughing Rolling Eyes
Laughing So we did. But I said it righter. Wink
So where are we going with this topic?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours