Hehe, thanks. I'm working on putting that together.
tifreak8x wrote:
Any chance for BASIC progs to use DCS built in routines, like the options provided by Codex and Resource???

Hey Kerm, if you did do this, then you could actually say 'Doors CS required to run this program' without lying about it!
it would be good to see happen, but how would you implement it? And not break the usefulness of Omnicalc?
can i beta test, i would like to especially as an app, i would like it if i also saw source to help me learn how to make app's my self
Making apps is actually quite easy. I recommend DWedit's App Guide. Anyway, I will indeed have another beta coming out when I finish the GUI tools.
i know, and it is that i have not learned asm yet that would be the problem, and i have tools just not knowledge, thought i will try that out for the actual programming part.

edit: where can i get it, i can not find it on ticalc.org, a link would be helpfull

Edit: found it through google
Ah, ok. You should try just regular ASM programs; I would go with ASM In 28 Days for that if I were you.
tried it but do not like it and i think app's are the way to go, i like running from archive
you may prefer apps, but you still have to know ASM to program them
i know, my point is why try regular asm ever, just start with app's for me would be fine
rivereye wrote:
it would be good to see happen, but how would you implement it? And not break the usefulness of Omnicalc?

Well, Omnicalc adds things to existing menus, right?

If that is the case, why not have DCS add a command to the program menu called Dcs( that DCS itself would be able to call, and it would perform the function, that way, it would not break compatibility with omnicalc and xlib. Just a thought...
Omnicalc had problems using that kind of thing, just as long as it is not real(
couldn't we use Real( then some other number that omnicalc does not use
Gscm: because apps are almost never the best way to do things. They're only suitable for very large, very complex programs. Regular asm programs are much superior, and can be read and used by shells such as Doors CS.

TI-Freak & Rivereye: Because I don't want to make DCS basic progs incompatible with the regular TI-OS. I'm considering making a third class of programs, somewhere betwixt BASIC and ASM, but that might be a 6.2 or 6.5 feature.
So, asm programmers had no problems with makin their games work only with MOS, Crunchy, Ion, etc, why should a few BASIC games, that take advantage of DCS's routines be any different? You can't play some BASIC games without xlib, which makes them in the same catagory...

Just my $0.02...
Hmm, I should make a poll about this; a lot of people seem in favor of it...
I think you should. Think of all the people that will download DCS just to play their BASIC games, and then realize how awesome of a shell it is. Smile I, for one, only downloaded Xlib to play Xlib Xlib Revolution. If it served any other purpose, I would have only known about it because there were programs that required it.
Hmm, that's an excellent point. Well, what would you want the BASIC programs to have access to? Sprite routines, I guess, maybe some basic CALCnet2 stuff, perhaps some GUI stuff, and I suppose some program tools like arc/unarch. Anything else?
the only asm programs i would want to do would be large, very large because other things would be done in basic, such as a asm sudoku generater, that might be an early project if i can do it.
That wouldn't be that large in ASM. When I say large, I mean more than 8k.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours