I don't know if this is where to ask, but with my finals tomorrow I'm panicking.

So I was studying doing problems with my calculator and suddenly the buttons don't respond.

I took the batteries out.
Tried the [DEL] and [CLEAR] hold methods. Nothing happens

When I replace the batteries and turn it on the stuff I was working on is still there, but no buttons work.

So I can't clear ram or anything at all.

The cursor still blinks and everything.

Also I can't get windows to recognize it being plugged in so I can't reset anything that way.

Am I screwed?
Does it have a reset button on the back of the calculator like the 84CSE?
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Does it have a reset button on the back of the calculator like the 84CSE?

There isn't a reset button on the back that I can see
Have you tried taking out the backup battery and letting it sit for a few minutes?
chickendude wrote:
Have you tried taking out the backup battery and letting it sit for a few minutes?

I took out those just now, and it finally had the "Ram cleared" message. However, still has the same problem.
Did you run any ASM programs downloaded from the internet recently? I can't think of any ways to fix your issue at the moment but finding the root cause may help.
Can you try holding [On] as you put a battery back in? Or try holding [Del] as you put the battery back in again and see if you can get to the OS install screen.

And the issue is that none of your key presses are responding?
I've seen this issue in the past when one of the keys is stuck down. Did you spill anything sugary or sticky into your calculator (or anything at all)? Was there battery corrosion at some point? Does any key look physically stuck?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours