So, as many of you probably know due to the amount of annoying questions I've been flooding SAX with, I've been trying to write an assembly program. Earlier today, I figured out I can use a function called AsmPrgm to execute ASM commands. So, I may be able to finish this program if I can get some help on this first: how do I call this function through the calculator?

Code:
b_call(_getCalcId)

and once I have that, can send the CalcID through the code, something like this:

Code:
Return AsmPrgmHEXADEXVALUESHERE

After that, it's all uphill from here!

Also, side note can I use Doors CS to compile a list of basic programs into a single app, without having to install Doors CS on the calculator itself?
Lots of questions there; let's see if I can give you some good answers:
> You need an assembler (or patience and an opcode table) to write ASM code
> You put the AsmPrgm followed by hex values in a separate subprogram to execute ASM code, or you can use something like Doors CS's ExecHex call. This requires that your programs be BASIC rather than BASIC packed into an App, though.
> Doors CS cannot pack a lot of programs into an App
> You can add code to your ASM programs to return numbers or strings stored in numeric variables, string variables, or even Ans.
Thanks for the reply, this leaves me with just a few more questions:

1. Since Doors CS cannot pack multiple programs into a single app, is it possible in TI-Basic to write a method so I can just write one program (I assume it can pack a program file).

2. How do I return a value in ASM, and to a larger extent store the b_call into a string (I know it would be along the lines of SID .EQU b_call(method))

Also, thank you so much for being patient with me as I begin working with some assembly, I'm so glad I found this community and hope to eventually begin contributing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours