Ok, so I'm trying to define a list on the nspire, in TI-BASIC. I started with the L character, but I'm not sure that's correct, and I can't find an example.
I tried this:

Code:

Define test()=
Prgm
:lslist:=10
:x:=1
:lslist(x):="10"
:x:=x+1
:lslist(x):="12"
:dim(lslist):=1
:Disp lslist(1)&lslist(2)
:EndPrgm

But it didn't work. It displayed "1212". I also tried replacing x in the "lslist(x):=10, and the next instance, with 1 and 2 respectively, but it said that an argument could only be a variable.

Any Suggestions?
First, you cant set the dim of a list to 1, it is a function and only returns a value.
Second, use brackets for your list, otherwise the nspire treats it like a function.

Code:

Define test()= 
Prgm 
:lslist:={}
:x:=1 
:lslist[x]:="10" 
:x:=x+1 
:lslist[x]:="12"   
:Disp lslist[1]&lslist[2] 
:EndPrgm 
[/code]
Thanks, got it to work. Is there any way to set the length of a list, with or without using the dim?

The wiki says this:
Quote:

Code:

(84) :number→dim(list)

This sets the length of a list. All added elements are set to 0. All removed elements are simply erased. This version of the command will not work in TI-89.
dim is a function, not a property of any list
So is there a way to set the dim of a list, and just truncate everything else?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours