Did anyone already suggest that when you DELETE something, it should have a confirmation dialog with it? Its almost TOO easy to delete anything.
BlackOnyx wrote:
Did anyone already suggest that when you DELETE something, it should have a confirmation dialog with it? Its almost TOO easy to delete anything.
In the Doors CSE 8 Release Candidate 2 thread, it seemed like one of the users was trying to suggest that, but he phrased it unclearly.
Its too easy to delete things. Delete is permenant, but rename, edit, move, paste, and all those, can be undone without a computer. So at the very least, the delete function should have a confirmation dialog, just to save peoples skins in case something happens.
yeah i agree
Im still going over most of the other functions of the main OS, and so far, most things are working perfectly.

Side question. When in half-res mode, how does the text output work on the graph screen? Same size it would normally be, or blown way up like the status bar text? Does it follow the same function as Text(, or are the x and y points different? Sorry, its a long question.
BlackOnyx wrote:
Im still going over most of the other functions of the main OS, and so far, most things are working perfectly.
Thank you; I appreciate your thoroughness.

Quote:
Side question. When in half-res mode, how does the text output work on the graph screen? Same size it would normally be, or blown way up like the status bar text? Does it follow the same function as Text(, or are the x and y points different? Sorry, its a long question.
When you're using xLIBC's half-resolution mode, you should use xLIBC's text output function instead of Output( or Disp or Text(:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/DCSE:BasicLibs:DrawString
Do you have a copy of your current progress, so I could test something recent? Im used to dealing with GITHUB, where I can build a current snapshot, and test on the spot, but this is different. lol

I need to read back through the new SDK you released. Im reading it all, from start to finish.
Is it possible to put the time on the actual OS through the shell?
FrozenFire49 wrote:
Is it possible to put the time on the actual OS through the shell?
It's possible to make a tool that will do this, but Doors CSE isn't that tool. It's outside the purview of what Doors CSE covers to do what you're asking, fortunately or unfortunately.
This still a good place to brainstorm for the NEXT version of DCSE?
BlackOnyx wrote:
This still a good place to brainstorm for the NEXT version of DCSE?
Thanks for asking: no. I will make a Doors CSE 8 Bug Reports and Feature Requests thread to match the one for Doors CS 7.
You mean, for 8.1 (or whatever new version is next). Seeing as you cant really request features for a version that is already final and publicly released. Razz
BlackOnyx wrote:
You mean, for 8.1 (or whatever new version is next). Seeing as you cant really request features for a version that is already final and publicly released. Razz
Well sure, but we traditionally call the feature requests thread by the base major version (7, 8, and so on). Smile Anyway, this thread should be unofficially closed for now; please use the other threads for bug reports and feature suggestions.
Something that would possibly help for DCS8 is to add a function to modify the arrangement of programs. In DCS7, it's automatically done in alphabetical order. Maybe it would help to have them done so you could choose to arrange them by type, such as all the Axe programs together, then all the Asm, then Basic, ect. Or another thing is to add things like password protection, hooks to get back to DCS from the home screen shortcut menus, and for the gaming people, a key to instantly hide DCS and show the calc home but keep their stuff in DCS paused would probably be appreciated if they are in a place where they don't want to be found gaming. (You wouldn't believe some people 's reactions when they caught me playing Alien Breed 5 on my calc instead of one of those telephone-machines!) Oh yes, and having Gossamer integrated - with a url-bar - would be awesome.
You seem to be misunderstanding things here : DCS8 is for the color calculator, the TI-84+CSE. Also, KermM said to post feature requests in another thread in the post just above yours.
Didn't go to the end before I posted... so which other thread?
And anyway, isn't that why its' called dCSE, not dCS? Or is there even a difference?
I mean, why the E?

Anyway, my post was about things that aren't in 7 but the 84+C would probably be able to handle. Am I making any sense here?
As matrefeytontias said, this is the wrong thread for this. so I will respond to you in the correct topic, and hopefully you'll continue the discussion there.
Could you make DoorsCSE work with apps?
rw42 wrote:
Three things...
1. Someone already suggested this, maybe lowercase for program names (if that causes too many problems with the OS, maybe only if the are hidden???)
2. Well, you have the hide, lock and archive icons (can be very nice) but there should be an option to hide those, they can get annoying and make it feel cluttered.
3. Make it work with apps!

Hiding a program won't help it work on the TI-OS's side of things, lowercase letters in program names simply won't work, and can't be called upon from other programs.

Apps probably won't happen, since DCS is an app as well, it would make memory management, and returning to Doors, a bit of a mess, from what I understand of that previous request.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 18
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours