HEY! Its my birthday Laughing Very Happy Smile Confused Zzz Zzz Zzz Zzz. I am so tired right now I cant see a reason to be enthusiastic on the out side. Anyway, its my b-day and I am getting a pretty good comp.

Intel Specs:
*EDIT* Price= $350 for intel, Price for compaq=$600
1GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Windows XP Media Center 2005
double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
LightScribe labeling
250GB hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 6100 graphics
Intel Celeron M processor 370(The compaq I am comparing it too has an AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 dual-core processor 3800+, everything else is the same.)

or something close to it. Its an Intel. ethar that or (almost) the same thing except $300 more and a compaq......Hmmm I like compaq but the differances in price are way too differant then each other, I am going to have to get the intel. Plus its the new compact kind thats 1/3 of the reg size.

My comp Specs:
OLD celeron
What ever the worst RAM is
Windows XP(That it cant even handle)
Double-Layer CD-RW drive(SLOW AS HELL)
Sonic(c) Burning Software
Some horrible piece of...........garphics card....yah.....

There is going to be a big differance that I am going to notice between both of 'em. few things, (1.) I will press the on button and comback 30mins later noticing that its not still churning and the screen is'nt blank. (2.) I will actually be able to use the computer for more than 5mins with out it crashing on me. (3.) I can use the games and programs that I could'nt use on my last comp(including the most out of date ones I could'nt use Laughing )

-Swivel
woot! Maybe you can start playing Blockland with us?
how often is BlockLand up? now that I have a computer and DSL....
Fairly often, actually; there's usually at least 4-5 servers up. Want the dl link?
KermMartian wrote:
woot! Maybe you can start playing Blockland with us?

I used to play block land alot, but my GOOD comp got bogged down with viruses that my little sis and bro attracted. I would love to play block land, have'nt played it in a while. But I need to download it again I lost the URL and all that stuff when I lost the comp. I used to do stopmotion with legos, on a forum called brickfilms (www.brickfilms.com) thats were I found blockland out at. By the way, how often is the server open? I look on the site everyday and thats the first thing I look at and its never up Sad .

-Swivel
I usually have it up in the afternoon more than the morning.
http://tbm.pcloadletterwtf.com/download.html

Install the blockland0002.exe thing first, then the two links at the top of the page, then (optional) the rest of the links on the page in order.
sweet, I can usually get on after schools out(around 5:00pm to 12:00am here(GMT -4 Hours)) By the way, should I get teh intel or the compaq(intel looks more logical but I think I need some input)?

-swivel
sweet, but Media Ceneter Edition, yuck, you need Pro
Yah thats what I was thinking but I am not sure if I can get one with the same specs with Pro, I would love Pro, infact thats one of the reasons I hesitated to get this comp because it did'nt have pro. But maybe I can talk it out with the people up at my best buy, they can order one with same specs but with pro right?

-Swivel
intel=processor maker
compaq=computer maker
Smile
Since they both have the same specs(except processors) should I focus on company or price?

Compaq=$600
Intel=$350

Compaq=Same Specs as Intel(Except with AMD)
Intel=Same Spec as Compaq(except with Celeron M)

-Swivel
Take the compaq, it has a better processer (especially if it is dual core).
I agree with rivereye on that.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Swivelgames
Happy birthday to you.
rivereye wrote:

media center is just pro + extras (or maybe its home + extras - not like it matters, i seriously doubt you need any of the pro's features)

the extras can be turned off at that Rolling Eyes

and go for the dual core X2 3800+, it'll be roughly 3-4 times as fast as the Pentium M 370
KermMartian wrote:
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Swivelgames
Happy birthday to you.

Thanks Kerm.

Laughing I thought I would get away from all the birthday songs and all that stuff at school and on the net. Laughing . The music is stocking me! Lol.

Depending on how much money I get I think I may just go with the Compaq then. Plus I have always liked compaq, but the prices were so differant I just had to get an opinion. I think I may get the compaq.

Kllrnohj wrote:
rivereye wrote:

media center is just pro + extras (or maybe its home + extras - not like it matters, I seriously doubt you need any of the pro's features)

the extras can be turned off at that Rolling Eyes

and go for the dual core X2 3800+, it'll be roughly 3-4 times as fast as the Celeron(not pentium) M 370

I dont think I would want to shut media center off if I got it, all it is, is and extra so you can do TONS of differant stuff consisting with an Optional Monitor or TV screen, Computer and a remote for your computer.

EDIT**: Windows XP Media Center Home Page

-Swivel[/url]
you don't so much "turn it off" so much as just not run it. by default, it boots to a regular windows desktop. you can then CHOOSE to launch the 8 foot display mode if you wish

all WinXP's can handle TV out, TV in, remotes, etc... WinXP Media Center adds Tivo like functions and a made-for-TV display (aka, the 8 foot display)

EDIT: EEK! i thought it was the PM you were comparing the AX2 to, if its a celeron avoid it like poo on the sidewalk
Ugh, Celeron=RUN AWAY.
right, the Celeron has no cache, where the Atholon X2 has a meg of it (a good amount). Also, Media Center is home + features, the big killer for me, can't join a domain
Waht do you mean, rivereye?
So, to put it bluntly, I am getting the compaq. Thanks guys I almost fell for the intel.

-Swivel

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours