Are there any Nintendo Wii hackers out there? No pirates, please. Especially don’t admit it.
I’ve posted this because of my recent revival in interest in those little devils. I am fixing one for a friend, the disk drive is shot and his little sister shoved a bunch of metal up in there and I am having to buy an extremely special triwing screwdriver for it. I have one, and it’s boot2 secure, my friend wants to give me his, it’s one of those lucky first 100,000 with modifiable boot2 and no hardware limitations other than being old. Smile So I’m trading a Wii with a kid who got his Wii hacked by an amateur hacker so I can have his and he can have mine. It’s a really fun other enthusiast-based world of computers. Anyone out there, WiiBrewers, gcLinuxers, gbatempers, Team Twiizers, or the like?
Well I was/am the guy behind Archii, aka Arch Linux PPC on the wii. But since the Wii hardware patches never got mainlined there is no way to run a recent udev and thus systemd on the wii. That and the fact that the Arch Linux PPC project seems to have gone dormant so using Arch really isn't all that feasible anymore.
Your signature, especially the bottom two, says some things about you that make me think you are an amazing person, lol.

I’ve used Archii, and I couldn’t have said it better myself, about linux projects. I’m currently working on fixing some problems with running WiiLinux, the one that runs with Mikep5. I’m also a pioneer on the edge of softmodding and homebrewing, making it easier, cracking more of nintendo’s code, and preventing bricks.
I used the bootmii installer to add a homebrew channel so I could run emulators and such. But it sounds to me like you've gone even deeper than that.
DShiznit,
I have. Definitely. I’ve used my wii for a lot, and it teaches me a lot about computer science. And my little sister loves using it to cheat my old gamecube games lol

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours