Just thought I'd start a topic to see people interpretation of Black Friday, what went well, what you get, prices, lines etc. I'll start us off.
Well I wanted to go to best buy...but that wasn't happening Razz the store opened at midnight so I went about 10:30 to see how long the line was. It was backed up around the store with people sitting in chairs and even some tents! So I knew I would never be able to get inside. So I went over to target and the lines where considerably shorter as the store already opened. I ran directly to the electronics section, and got the last ticket for the new iPod touch 5! So now I'm extremely happy with the deal I got and the iPod.
How'd everyone else's go?
I got a Nexus 7, it's a pretty neat machine Wink
I think I might go out and get a hotdog later today.
I'm thinking about getting this and/or this(if my parents agree to getting me them Razz).
Got myself a Canon Powershot A2300 with an 8GB memory card and carry case for $80, plus $12 for a 1 year warranty. I was going to grab up some flash drives, they had 32 GB for $10, but I was unable to get there early enough. Otherwise, I'd have bought everyone they had on hand. lol I did snag a 16GB for $10, want to drop some episodes of TV shows on to it and send it to him in Kuwait, give him something to watch while he is over there.
tifreak8x wrote:
Got myself a Canon Powershot A2300 with an 8GB memory card and carry case for $80, plus $12 for a 1 year warranty.

I was going to mention that you must have gone to Target until I read the 1 year warranty. You know, Canon already gives you a free one year warranty. Does this second warranty kick in one year from the purchase date or if not, does it cover anything extraordinary that the manufacturer warranty does not?

And by "him," you are referring to? I had no idea you had family stationed over seas.
I got a 500 GB Seagate external drive for $39.99 (normal price is $59.99) and two 16 GB flash drives that were $6.99 each.
tifreak8x wrote:
plus $12 for a 1 year warranty
I never, ever get the store warranty for anything; it's money down the drain from everything I've read. Sad

I went at noon to the Newport Center in New Jersey, and got something shiny for my girlfriend for our anniversary for almost half price. I also grabbed a 27" LCD for $199 with free shipping, and I'm looking for a cheap 256GB SSD.
The thing about store warranties is that you lose money in the long run. Let's say you get 10 things and 1 breaks, but you had the warranty! The cost of the warranty for the 10 things probably exceeds the cost of just getting a new one of whatever breaks.
I really don't understand why you'd go to a store today.

I did go out and see Skyfall though.
Myself, I picked up a four blu-rays for 5 bucks a pop, average. I got myself: "Where the Wild Things Are," "Let Me In," "Dumb and Dumber," and "Coraline." As well as a few 16GB SDHC cards for 9.99.

I almost got a few more, but they were $10 each and I already have about 20 blu-rays I haven't watched in my "collection" so I opted against the others.
Anyone else waiting until Cyber Monday to buy things? I'm personally waiting until then to see if I can get a medium-sized Wacom Intuos 5 for something at or below $250.
I have bought absolutely nothing, directly. However, I think I might have somehow purchased a bunch of computer parts indirectly, I really don't know yet.
Ashbad wrote:
Anyone else waiting until Cyber Monday to buy things? I'm personally waiting until then to see if I can get a medium-sized Wacom Intuos 5 for something at or below $250.
I'm waiting for Cyber Monday to try to find a sub-$150 Samsung 830-series 256GB SSD for my home desktop. So far I've been underwhelmed by the SSD sales.
Ashbad wrote:

I'm waiting for a camera to go on sale.
I went out as anyone who reads my fb statuses saw.

Ended up with 2 5 gallon gas cans and some socks from wall mart where the lines were absolutely insane (we got cut in front due to the small order with no electronics.)

Then we hit up the local mall just to people watch at like 1:00am it honestly was 16yr old central there were more kids then adults in the mall. It was scary.
geekboy1011 wrote:
Ended up with 2 5 gallon gas cans and some socks.

I'm a little worried about this sentence.
lol it was just what we needed xD not lighting anyone on fire yet lol
Went to kmart and got this http://www.triomp3.com/media-players/mp3-mp4-players/trio43mid/ for 50 bucks
Still looking for my SSD. My $199 27" LCD arrived today, though, and I love it! Now I need to figure out how to arrange my five monitors and how to mount them, which is a (not unfortunate) headache. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours