My comp is done!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The 512MB of Memory ended up being defective though. Sad Turned on once, shut it down, went to turn it back on, thing wouldn't start... I was so scared that the MB or the CPU was burnt out because of something I did, but that is what it ended up being... *sighs in relief*
Cool!! How is it? Is it as cool as my awesome tablet? Oh, and I updated my wifi drivers, so now I can actually join networks. Smile
Well, It took less than 15 minutes to load Win2000 on it. It may not be as cool as the Tablet, as it is a desktop, but it has a 3GH AMD proc, 120GB HD, etc. I will try to get more specs tonight.

At least I won't have to wait 15 min for it to load like my laptop... Laughing
Nice! Your specs balance the lower ohh-ahh factor. Smile
I just can't wait to see what kind of gaming performance I will get out of it. Very Happy OOOOHHHHH Yeah.... Very Happy
Blockland! Have I mentioned how awesome handwriting recognition is? Very Happy
TI-Freak8x wrote:
3GH AMD proc

Confused last i checked AMD's top end clocked in at 2.8ghz for single core, or 2.6ghz for dual core Rolling Eyes

detailed specs of your new comp please!
Hmmm, Kllrnohj is actually rights about that. I second the specs request.
KermMartian wrote:
Hmmm, Kllrnohj is actually rights about that. I second the specs request.

bah! how dare you even consider that I am wrong! Laughing
We went through this already about the sun, remember? Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
We went through this already about the sun, remember? Very Happy

exactly, so how could you forget already? Razz
Once I get it all set up and FF installed, then I will see about getting those specs. Got to have priorities you know... Wink Razz
Yay for open wife...)
KermMartian wrote:
Yay for open wife...)

"open wife"? what is that? like a married prostitute? Cool
KermMartian wrote:
Yay for open wife...)

Open Wife??? Confused WTF?
course, the sad part about "open wife" is that 'e' isn't anywhere near 'i' on a keyboard Razz
Yeah, that is what I looked for when I first saw that. Very Happy

Now we have something to burn Kerm with for a while... Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

Kllrnohj wrote:
last I checked AMD's top end clocked in at 2.8ghz for single core, or 2.6ghz for dual core

Let us put that in perspective. My laptop runs a ~550MH processor. So if it isn't quite 3GHZ, Who cares? This is tremendous improvement...
TI-Freak8x wrote:
Let us put that in perspective. My laptop runs a ~550MH processor. So if it isn't quite 3GHZ, Who cares? This is tremendous improvement...

Because the two i listed at 2.8 and 2.6 cost ~$1,000 MSRP, and i doubt you bought one of those Wink

The X2 I am looking at is 2.2ghz (AthlonX2 4400+ for $458), which doesn't round up to 3 Very Happy (and neither will most AMD procs)

That, and the clockspeed matters less than the proc model. An AthlonXP at 2.2 ghz will get spanked by the X2 at 2.2ghz (even a "vanilla" Athlon64 would smoke the AXP @ identical clock speeds)
I am just telling you what he said he got me. I should know for sure tonight...
TI-Freak8x wrote:
I am just telling you what he said he got me. I should know for sure tonight...

hmm....unless by 3ghz he meant that it was the 3000+ model Question

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours