Soooooo i found out about the mobile tunes 3 midi to asm converter fired up asm, but when i try to compile (tasm skrildx.obj skrillex.lst) it gives my this message "line 0016 no END directive before EOF" can you help me with this?
KermM has published the DCS SDK for precisely the purpose of building various DCS-compatible files, including Mobile Tunes 3 songs. Thus, you should be using his files instead of TASM (in fact, you shouldn't be using TASM at all, you should either use the DCS SDK (which comes with DoorsCS itself) or Wabbit's SPASM, which is best for non-DCS coding).

And welcome to the forums, by the way! You should introduce yourself on the Introduce Yourself thread.
could ya gimme the link? Smile and maybe some instructions on compiling?
I am totally knew to ti-basic and asm. Ive only programmed in python lol!
christopherdidi wrote:
could ya gimme the link? Smile
You can find the Doors CS SDK here and the Introduce Yourself thread here.
you can find spasm here
and you can find brass, another popular assembler, on this page
And to answer your original question, it's likely exactly what it says, programs assembled with TASM required END and/or .end at the end of a program. The program you're trying to assemble probably didn't have END at the end of the program Wink
Also, as far as this portion of your post:
christopherdidi wrote:
and maybe some instructions on compiling?
Just put the ASM file (say, song.asm) in the /source/ folder. Open up a command window in the root SDK folder, and type "compile song" (not "compile song.asm"). Hit enter. The .8xp will show up in the /exec/ folder.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours