No, it wasn't a terrorist attack; don't worry. Pix:

Story:
http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_headlines/story.aspx?content_id=A28225C9-33C9-4E21-9F50-EBEC4BAF1F74
Umm, woah, dude... O_O
Yeah, craziness. Apparently transit got shut down for awhile, but I hope everything will be back to normal soon.
I saw that on the news when I got home today...I'll bet a lot of people were going crazy over this Shock
Definitely. At least the size of the incident is several orders of magnitude less severe.
Yankees pitcher was on there too.
Corey Lidle was the pitcher on the plane.

Heres other links to the story that were put up on
some of the other forums that I am apart of....
http://www.newsday.com/am-plane1012,0,225622.story
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/Business/Aviation_and_Aerospace/
maybe he was just disapointed to losing to the Tigers, I know I would be.
Laughing Yah, Maybe thats it.
That's not even fair, we have few enough pitchers as it is. Crying
go cry about it, my team didn't even have a chance this year. Ah well, I think my football team shall go all the way.

Baseball: Cubs
Football: Da Bears
Hmm...I've just realized something; anyone notice that today is October 11? Coincidence...
Definitely. C'mon, don't go starting conspiracy theories on me; accidents like this happen all the time with unskilled pilots and small planes as far as I can tell from the news. Remember a few years back something like this happened in Chicago?
Was it the one that crashed into somebody's house?
This actually happens a decent amount.There wasone in Madrid a few years back.

You guys really can't complain. My teams are the Orioles and the Packers. Not going very well in sports for me.
The only sport I watch is poker. There are no teams and no seasons, so there is really no basis for arguing about it with someone.
Meh...

Baseball: Astros
Football: Patriots
So it turns out that the plane had a special feature, a parachute that would deploy to bring the plane safely to the ground if something like this happened. Unfortunately, it appears to have malfunctioned.
from what I heard, there wasn't enough time to deploy the chute, nor was there enough vertical height to make it any good anyways. The malfunction caused the crash (and suposidly, some people saw it falling sideways).
Too bad Crying . They said that Lidle just got his license not long ago, he had only been flying for 7 months Sad
Wait, how could the malfunction have caused the crash? They wouldn't have needed to deploy it if something else wasn't happening in the first place...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours