I've been cleaning out my flash drive today, putting things on, taking things off (basically procrastinating the day away), and I found a couple random projects mostly from 2010.

Here's a pure-BASIC shoot-em-up (homescreen):

(This is on a TI-84 Plus.)

I think I got the idea from a mini version in ztrumpet's Homescreen Game Pack, started to make it a new project from scratch, and forgot about it.

There's only one level. Maybe I'll add some more and wrap it up.

Download
Wow, that looks great Deep Thought! That is faster than what I expected, too o.o
Good god this is sweet, Was it hard to make? I mean I'm not very knowledgeable about TI-Basic but, whatever you did, I thought it was pretty cool
Very cool indeed! I'd say that it resembles the first level of Phoenix more than anything, actually. I hope that's going to end up fleshed out slightly and in the Cemetech archives soon! Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Very cool indeed! I'd say that it resembles the first level of Phoenix more than anything, actually. I hope that's going to end up fleshed out slightly and in the Cemetech archives soon! Wink

Those were my thoughts exactly. Very nice looking! Smile
Thanks! It doesn't seem to be too big of a project, so I might just finish it up in a few days.

I'm pretty sure Phoenix was my inspiration for the V enemies and W ship Razz
Deep Thought wrote:
Thanks! It doesn't seem to be too big of a project, so I might just finish it up in a few days.

I'm pretty sure Phoenix was my inspiration for the V enemies and W ship Razz
And the movement pattern, too. Wink Great, you should definitely do so.
One suggestion for future games, that you might want to try out: I've found left-to-right scrolling more conducive to homescreen TI-BASIC scrolling shooters than top-to-bottom, because of the limited resolution issues. Top to bottom gives less reaction time, and more wiggle room side-to-side.
I've found an issue while playing, It just stops and gives me errors at random lines..the game goes a bit, but then stops and sometimes at line 3, sometimes at 1, what's going on with it?
The_Coded wrote:
I've found an issue while playing, It just stops and gives me errors at random lines..the game goes a bit, but then stops and sometimes at line 3, sometimes at 1, what's going on with it?
Likely just bugs due to the fact that this was a doodle, programming-wise, that he made a long time ago. Smile Based on what he said, I wouldn't expect it to be at all polished or debugged yet.
The_Coded wrote:
What errors are they, memory errors? If so, you've got very little RAM free, and clearing some up may be a good idea. The "tilemap" is generated in the first few lines of the program and consists of a string a hundred or so bytes long.

If it's any other sort of error, it's probably a bug and I'd like to know what it is Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours