Help! When I run MSD8x, it says "ERROR 0C00 A flash drive was not detected".When I run USBTools and goto the mouse demo, it says "ERROR 0C00" there too! But I have those things plugged in!
CalebHansberry wrote:
Help! When I run MSD8x, it says "ERROR 0C00 A flash drive was not detected".When I run USBTools and goto the mouse demo, it says "ERROR 0C00" there too! But I have those things plugged in!

What OS are you running, and what version is it?
Directly to the calculator? Not both at once or through a hub, I hope? What specific adapter are you using?
My OS is 2.55MP. My adapter looks like this:
[EDIT] here is a picture:
CalebHansberry wrote:
My OS is 2.55MP. My adapter looks like this:
Well, google "mini USB adapter", mine is the last one on the right.
No URL for that? :/ I wouldn't be surprised if that OS was the problem, although I haven't heard anyone specifically complain about USB8x/MSD8x with the MathPrint operating systems.
So what do I do - install a different operating system?
Do you have both usb8x and msd8x installed?
ben_g wrote:

What constitutes "installing"? They are oncalc.

Perhaps I need a new adapter.
CalebHansberry wrote:
ben_g wrote:

What constitutes "installing"? They are oncalc.

Perhaps I need a new adapter.
Perhaps; that's why I was asking for the exact URL of where you purchased your adapter. Smile
Is the mini-USB end of the adapter A-type or B-type?
KermMartian wrote:
Perhaps; that's why I was asking for the exact URL of where you purchased your adapter. Smile

Well, I bought it on amazon for a few cents, free shipping. It's packaging was all chinese, if that helps. Smile

ben_g wrote:
Is the mini-USB end of the adapter A-type or B-type?

Don't know which is which, but it is mildly T-shaped.
There should be an A or a B printed near the mini-USB connector. And if I'm correct, the inside of an A-type connector contains white plastic and the inside of a B-type one contains black plastic.

EDIT:
[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlVcoepMe4r8MM7BwEWAeks-m6Uk1kYQ5PjBhsfrIY_uPyEFSs[/img]
B.
That's why it doesn't work. It needs an A-type connector for the driver to know that the calc is hosting the connection. But don't worry, there iss a way to turn it into an A-type with some aluminium foil, but I don't remember the link..
Huh. Well it fit in the port fine.
That's not the problem; The problem is that the calculator can only host the connection if an a-type connector is inserted. But anyway, I found the trick to turn b-type into a-type:

http://ourl.ca/7646/142328
Oh, mackerel! I followed those instructions, and it works now! Bizzare (though understandable - still bizzare)! Now onto the next problems...
Excellent, I was going to suggest the A/B problem too. Nice catch, ben_g.
CalebHansberry wrote:
Oh, mackerel! I followed those instructions, and it works now! Bizzare (though understandable - still bizzare)! Now onto the next problems...
Indeed. Now we need to figure out why USB8x's mouse demo works for you, but Jerry and Doors CS don't seem to be behaving.
Will this adapter work for plugging a flash drive into the 84+SE, and all other USB applications?
CalebHansberry wrote:
Will this adapter work for plugging a flash drive into the 84+SE, and all other USB applications?
If that is in fact a mini-A plug, as the page claims, then it should work fine.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours