larvatar312 wrote:
not really
That's the problem. It's more important to understand simple code thoroughly first rather than trying to dive into looking at someone else's more complex program. Or if you're mainly trying to copy it to your calculator using SourceCoder, then at least make sure you have things like no extra commas where they're not supposed to be. As far as learning, start small: A "Hello World" program, a quadratic equation solver, or a number guessing game, for instance.
well i programmed another one to day and it was fairly simple and i understood it therefore i tried something harder
larvatar312 wrote:
well i programmed another one to day and it was fairly simple and i understood it therefore i tried something harder
That sounds good, then. But random numbers and lists are both new concepts to you, correct? Something like randInt(X,Y) should be straightforward, generating a random number between X and Y, but lists are more complex. They are prefixed with that small L if they have a custom name, or they can be one of the six lists typeable from the 1-6 keys on the keypad, L1 through L6. Lists have between 1 and 999 items, accessed by, for example, L1(1) for the first item, L1(3) for the third, L1(10) for the tenth, etc. You set the size of lists using the dim command: 42->dim(L1) sets L1 to have 42 slots for numbers, L1(1) through L1(42).
ok im starting to get it i beleive the list was around 80 or so
there is one problem i took out the extra comma and it still came up error514
larvatar312 wrote:
there is one problem i took out the extra comma and it still came up error514
Notice the "SYN" by error 514: that is short for Syntax and means you have a syntax error. Whereever the cursor goes to when you choose 2: Goto is where the error is, so look for typos.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours