Invisionfree Forums Admin CP wrote:

Admin CP Message
    The domain you have entered does not appear to point to this server at this time. The domain should point to s14.invisionfree.com with a CNAME record.
Terms of Service: Updated 7/7/05 | Invision Power Board © 2003 IPS, Inc.

Uh, Help?

What I am trying to do is setup a domain name for the invisionfree forums so that it will be its 'Primary Domain Name' and right now you can see its domain by click on my logo/sig below.

Can any one help?

-Swivel
You have to wait 24-48 hours for the CNAME to register with a DNS service.
I really have no idea what CNAME is and all that stuff, no idea what to do. Can you clue me in on everything right now? i am a little light headed today. I need to know what everthiung I need to do is.

Info:
Domain I am trying to register:
http://forums.swivelgames.com

Little help?

I am thinking all I have to do in the HTML code is just type in the url for invisionfree like it says? or do I need to do some kinda redirect?

-swivel
Dude, read my post above.

?
KermMartian wrote:
You have to wait 24-48 hours for the CNAME to register with a DNS service.
I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT A 'CNAME' IS!

AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO PUT IN THE HTML FILE SO I CANT DO ANYTHING!!! THE ONLY THING I ACTUALLY TRIED TO DO SO FAR IS.....

Go into "Domain manager" on my forums and clicked make primary after I typed in the url.

I have not done anything and I have NO idea what you or invision systems is talking about. Thats what I am trying to find out What the hell your talking about.

-Swivel
Let me make it easier.
You have to wait 24-48 hours
for it to go into effect so you can use your domain.
I know that already. but the things I need to know are:

1)
swivelgames wrote:
I really have no idea what CNAME is.

2)
swivelgames wrote:
Can you clue me in on everything right now? I am a little light headed today. I need to know what everthing I need to do is.
Info:
Domain I am trying to *register*: (*to work on invisionfree* its already a registered sub domain.)
http://forums.swivelgames.com

Little help?

I am thinking all I have to do in the HTML code is just type in the url for invisionfree like it says? or do I need to do some kinda redirect?

-swive
1. CNAME is just a term for a type of DNS record. There's also MX (email), A (ip-based), and more. It indicates that your host probably has a dynamic IP.

2. No redirect needed
So, how do I get the domain(forums.swivelgames.com) to be directed(point) to s14.invisionfree.com?

-Swivel
You have to set up the CNAME record. Very Happy
Looks like we're back where we started.
Yah lol. so.....how do I do that? lol

-Swivel
The host should have done it automatically, and you just have to be patient and wait. By now it should have gone through.
Well, it has'nt worked yet. Is this a vaild code?

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>forums.swivelgames.com</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://s14.invisionfree.com" frameborder="0">
<frame frameborder="0" noresize>
</frameset>
</html>

-Swivel
swivelgames wrote:
Well, it has'nt worked yet. Is this a vaild code?

Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>forums.swivelgames.com</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0">
<frame src="http://s14.invisionfree.com" frameborder="0">
<frame frameborder="0" noresize>
</frameset>
</html>

-Swivel

EEK!! FRAMES! NONONONO!!! Laughing

however, it is SOMEWHAT valid, and should work....although i think your src="" is bad, because it goes to the registration page instead of your forums Wink[/code]
Kllrnohj wrote:
........I think your src="" is bad, because it goes to the registration page instead of your forums Wink

No. thats what invision systems told me to point it at. Ok, listen, please ignore all the other posts. All I need to know how to point a domain. I quote:

Invisionfree Fourms Admin CP wrote:
Admin CP Message
The domain you have entered does not appear to point to this server at this time. The domain should point to s14.invisionfree.com with a CNAME record.

Thats what I need help on. All I need to know is how to point it. The only thing any one is telling me is "YOU HAVE TO WAIT 24-48 HOURS FOR IT TO REGISTER" I dont care. I have heard that way too many times! Please help me on how to:

POINT MY DOMAIN forums.swivelgames.com to s14.invisionfree.com.

Thank you, please help.

-Swivel
did you try e-mailing them for help and/or looking through the FAQ's/support centers?
Agh! frames! *runs and hides* Yeah, check their support docs.
frames = bad. does your host support php?

if it does use:

Code:

<?php include("url_goes_here"); ?>

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours