I'm using some grayscale with Axe but it's too light and difficult to see, how would I make it bolder?
You might just need to turn your contrast up... But without knowing how you're doing it, we can't tell you how to fix it.
Ah. ^r is the r used for the grayscale

Code:

.DRAWZ
44->X
28->Y
Repeat getKey(15)
DispGraph^r
Clrdraw^r
Dispgraph
(Drawing Stuff with grayscale)
(Moving Code)
Pause 25
End
Take out the DispGraph in there, DispGraph^r displays both the front and back buffer.
I've turned the contrast up to somewhere around 7, it's better and thanks parserp for the help as well Very Happy
But another question, how would I get multiple levels of grayscale?
hellninjas wrote:
I've turned the contrast up to somewhere around 7, it's better and thanks parserp for the help as well Very Happy
But another question, how would I get multiple levels of grayscale?

I suggest you read the Axe guide PDF, it answers most of these questions for you.

To be more helpful, DispGraph with two radians next to it renders a four-scale grey screen using the front and back video data buffers, IIRC.
A simple example:

Code:

.GREY
ClrDraw^rr                   //clear both buffers

Rect(24,0,24,64)^r      //Light Greyscale
Rect(48,0,48,64)          //Dark Greyscale
Rect(72,0,24,64)^r      //Black (combined with front buffer)

Repeat getKey
DispGraph^rr
End

Notice how on the last portion of the drawing, the front and back buffer both have pixels turned on? This makes it so there is no greyscale, just black.
Thanks parserp, that's what I was looking for, didn't think it would be as easy as ^rr x.x
Ashbad: I've read the beginners guide that allows me to make a pong game, but haven't read that, i'm afraid it might still be hard to understand D: .
hellninjas wrote:

Ashbad: I've read the beginners guide that allows me to make a pong game, but haven't read that, i'm afraid it might still be hard to understand D: .

In that case, it sounds like something you should definitely push yourself to do. Hard to learn things if you don't challenge yourself and strain your limits.
Ashbad wrote:
hellninjas wrote:

In that case, it sounds like something you should definitely push yourself to do. Hard to learn things if you don't challenge yourself and strain your limits.
True story. Programming and other technical skills are not easy when you start out; it takes experience and perseverance for it to become second nature for you. That push is up to you, but when you finally make it over the hump, you'll find that programming is rewarding and fun.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours