I don't have anything to put yet, but anyone notice the title sequence was different for both episodes so far this season? Quite liking it.

Ep2 was the funniest I've watched to date.
So the biggest question that I've had so far is how the next companion could be a Dalek but also an upcoming companion. Are they going to do another annoying River Song backwards-meeting thing? Is he going to have a Dalek as a companion?
KermMartian wrote:
So the biggest question that I've had so far is how the next companion could be a Dalek but also an upcoming companion. Are they going to do another annoying River Song backwards-meeting thing? Is he going to have a Dalek as a companion?

That's true, I'm also interested in how the Daleks will come back as his Enemy - or ally - and how he'll make a name for himself with them once again. I'm interested to see how this will play over the season or series.

The one burning question I have now, though, is since he's encountered the Daleks so many times throughout time and space, how far reaching is this? If he go back in time since Ep1 to another planet to face Daleks will they know who he is? If they don't, how does that affect his personal timeline?
I think it will end up being a 'from this point forward' in his time line. I doubt that the network the Daleks operate on is temporal in any form.

Also, there should have not been any of the 'new' Daleks there. They should have been gone when the timeline reset. Neutral

I think it's going to be more plausible for the new companion that he just ends up meeting an ancestor from the Dalek's past. You'd have to read some of the articles Torchwood and Doctor Who posted on Facebook.
a) Human Daleks never works out well (genetic purity and all that).
b) The Doctor seems to be forgetting things and getting angry. Coincidence? Some spoiler-ish interviews for the next episode
say he "definitely crosses a line".
c) Is the Time War now unlocked? How did he land on Skaro?
I just finished watching Torchwood: Miracle Day and it was a great series. It was presented more like an epic-series more than a traditional TV season where each episode was part of a bigger story instead of each their own little story.

Anyways, Harkness referenced the Doctor a few times and the Sontarans from S4E4, "The Sontarans Straragem" about the ATMOS Car GPS, and also starring the last companion Martha Jones. The conclusion to Miracle Day was interesting and may be of interest to you guys.
ComicIDIOT: Agreed, Miracle Day was quite expansive. However, it was a little too "drama-y" and not enough science fiction for my personal tastes. I did enjoy the Doctor Who references, of course.

Elfprince13 wrote:
a) Human Daleks never works out well (genetic purity and all that).
b) The Doctor seems to be forgetting things and getting angry. Coincidence? Some spoiler-ish interviews for the next episode
say he "definitely crosses a line".

a) Yeah, but why didn't the 1920's Manhattan Daleks just do whatever the Asylum Daleks did to put whatsername into a Dalek? Why did they have to do the lightning/fluid transfusion thing, which ended up not working anyway?
b) Forgetting things? Forgetting things like what?
c) By the magic of (freaking) Moffat can do whatever he wants.

Theory regarding 7x05, developed by Mreksm and myself, based on trailer clips and me watching the filming of the episode: the Doctor and the Ponds will have a pleasant picnic in Central Park, the Doctor reading a book by past-River Song about her adventures (in New York?). Rory will go to fetch the three of them coffee, will get sent back in time by an Angel, possibly the one at the top of Bethesda Fountain. Amy will somehow also get sent back, perhaps by choice, choosing between Rory and the Doctor. The Doctor will receive a letter, immediately from his point of view, at the end of the Ponds' lives from their point of view (see also: Blink). He will cry. By reading the letter, he will have solidified that he never went back and saw them in the intervening time, thus precluding him from then going back and seeing them.

Just putting that out there; we'll see if any of that pans out.
I felt that this last episode was completely lackluster. Nothing witty, nothing clever. It did set up your theory though, Kerm.
Quote:
Also, there should have not been any of the 'new' Daleks there. They should have been gone when the timeline reset.

Really? I would think that the Mighty Morphin Power Daleks would just reset to wherever they were after "Victory of the Daleks"

Quote:

Skarro was time-locked too? I thought it was only Gallifrey. The Skarro was devastated by war, but is still in existence

So for I like the new season, although I will say that it is getting a bit silly and the time aspect is getting to be less subtle. I mean, Dinosaurs on a spaceship is bad enough, but then adding queen Nefertiti into the mix just makes it plain silly. Still a fantastic episode, though.
I'm pretty confident that Skaro was time-locked at the end of the Time War too; remember that the crazy Dalek narrowly escaped the lock and was crazy as a result? I didn't find 7x03 to be amazing, to my not-very-surprise after reading comicIDIOT's thoughts on the episode. And comicIDIOT, I agree, it did slightly set up the idea of the Ponds getting sick of hanging out with the Doctor, for whatever reason. Also, I don't really like when the Doctor is portrayed as angry and irrational as he was, killing the bad guy in 7x02 and almost doing so in 7x03. What happened the 9th Doctor's "cowardice" in letting the Daleks live in 1x13, Bad Wolf, his guilt about the Slythene in 1x11 in turning what's-her-name back into an egg (with the TARDIS's help), and the 10th Doctor's refusal to even hold a gun?
He did say he was getting old, so perhaps with his old age he his getting a bit hasteful for a resolution; The Ponds also wanted to go back home because they didn't want their friends realizing that the Ponds were aging faster than them.

I know we're a few seasons in to Matt Smith, and he'll no longer be the Doctor after this, but perhaps he always exhibited an irrational side, which I'll have to watch a few episodes from previous seasons again to confirm. I don't understand why he's changed so noticeably all the sudden but perhaps it's a forewarning of the future Doctor's characteristics.
Quote:
I'm pretty confident that Skaro was time-locked at the end of the Time War too; remember that the crazy Dalek narrowly escaped the lock and was crazy as a result?

Well, according to what I've seen, Skaro was only devastivated by the time war. I do think there was a Graphic Novel and a Video Game that takes place after the time war, but has Skaro as it's settings. I would like to think Skaro was ravaged before the time-lock took place, making it no longer a part of the war and the eventual time lock

Quote:
Also, I don't really like when the Doctor is portrayed as angry and irrational as he was, killing the bad guy

Heh, maybe he is showing some of the attitude from 6 and 7(two of the more darker Doctors, if I recall) ? I liked 9's and 10's attitude, only killing after giving them a chance, which I did think he gave that Samuel guy.
*bump*

Well, just finished watching the Cube episode, and I have to say it was rather suspenseful. The trailer afterwards for the next episode is what really got me. I do think that it was a bit too revealing, especially for those who don't know it will be Amy/Rory's last episode :/
KermMartian wrote:
I'm pretty confident that Skaro was time-locked at the end of the Time War too; remember that the crazy Dalek narrowly escaped the lock and was crazy as a result?

Yes.

Quote:
a) Yeah, but why didn't the 1920's Manhattan Daleks just do whatever the Asylum Daleks did to put whatsername into a Dalek? Why did they have to do the lightning/fluid transfusion thing, which ended up not working anyway?

Dalek refugees/survivors are always less powerful than an established Dalek "civilization".

But the genetic purity thing is still bothering me. Even the S1 Daleks considered themselves to be unclean by virtue of having been created from human cells. And there have always conflicts between different Dalek factions (Imperials vs Davros-following daleks, for example).

Quote:
Also, I don't really like when the Doctor is portrayed as angry and irrational as he was, killing the bad guy in 7x02 and almost doing so in 7x03. What happened the 9th Doctor's "cowardice" in letting the Daleks live in 1x13, Bad Wolf, his guilt about the Slythene in 1x11 in turning what's-her-name back into an egg (with the TARDIS's help), and the 10th Doctor's refusal to even hold a gun?

Quote:
b) Forgetting things? Forgetting things like what?

Like how Brian got on the TARDIS. both of these relate to a theory someone proposed about time-delayed effects from the nanocloud. Barring that though - http://io9.com/5018136/doctor-who-was-never-about-showing-mercy

The Doctor & Rose story arc was really about the Doctor regaining his compassion after the Timewar. The ultra-pacifism thing really didn't develop for quite a while into Tennant's tenure. cf.

Now that he's been traveling on his own for a good 300 years, some of that is slipping away. Even between Martha leaving and Donna showing up again it started to slip a little (cf. the pompeii episode), and when he loses Donna he goes a bit mad (remember the Time-lord triumphant scenario?)

I think the real story-arc between all 3 of the new Doctors is that he needs human companions to balance his morality against his arrogance.

Also: http://areyoumarriedriver.tumblr.com/post/31632145434/proof-omg-my-theory-is-right-weeps-what-theory-and
I'm surprised that nobody posted here after the airing of the last episode. I found it to be amazing. It pulled together the entire run of Amy and Rory's travels with the Doctor and was wonderfully heart-wrenching and a great way to end the fall season. I enjoyed how he went back to meet Amy again, creating a stable time loop, suggesting he cared greatly about her and enjoyed the time he spent with her.

However, the stable time loop being created in this manner confuses me. Any adventures he might have without Amy and Rory could be replaced with others without interfering too much. The Doctor would be aging during the time, and the events in the time loop would constantly occur with a differently-aged Doctor, but this may not matter much, considering it his appearance doesn't seem to change over time except with regeneration. Amy and Rory likely wouldn't treat him any differently if he only aged. However, what if he did regenerate during an alternate adventure? The events between the Doctor, Amy, and Rory might differ significantly and cause the collapse of the stability of the time loop. The Doctor might not go back in time, and the entirety of the events with Amy and Rory would have no cause and cease to exist, right? How could this be handled, seeing as the Doctor will certainly regenerate again. And furthermore, what if the aforementioned alternate experiences caused a significant change in his behavior? It might lead to different events, and eventually the downfall of the stable time loop.

TL;DR: Great episode with a wonderful ending that I'm thinking way too much about
Geeze. I need to go watch these.. although now that me and my mom are fighitng, the DVR probably wont happen..

Any place i can find these free online? also why are Dr Who seasons like only 4 episodes long.. They get shorter and shorter.. Its rather annoying actually.
Midseason is 5 eps. They have been 13 episodes per season for the longest time (at least since the restart in 05)

Also, free is such a touchy term, there.. :p
elfprince13 wrote:
Quote:
Also, I don't really like when the Doctor is portrayed as angry and irrational as he was, killing the bad guy in 7x02 and almost doing so in 7x03. What happened the 9th Doctor's "cowardice" in letting the Daleks live in 1x13, Bad Wolf, his guilt about the Slythene in 1x11 in turning what's-her-name back into an egg (with the TARDIS's help), and the 10th Doctor's refusal to even hold a gun?

The Doctor & Rose story arc was really about the Doctor regaining his compassion after the Timewar. The ultra-pacifism thing really didn't develop for quite a while into Tennant's tenure. cf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_APk84hv0I

Now that he's been traveling on his own for a good 300 years, some of that is slipping away. Even between Martha leaving and Donna showing up again it started to slip a little (cf. the pompeii episode), and when he loses Donna he goes a bit mad (remember the Time-lord triumphant scenario?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIw_qRfXBPs

I think the real story-arc between all 3 of the new Doctors is that he needs human companions to balance his morality against his arrogance.

Called it. "Don't be alone, Doctor". Also, that was soooo sad.

Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Any place i can find these free online?

Of course not, that would be illegal.
Aes_, I found part one for $13 on iTunes. It's a great price, but of course part two will also be $13.

To Episode 7. That ending. Uhm, what? Is he going to rewrite time from the beginning of the 5th season?
NOoooooo. DVR Fail. I even double checked it, Sad I did not get any of them. and I dont exactly have 13 dollars per episode, poor college kid. I dont know if i can wait a year for it to be on netflix. Sad

Mehhh.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours