tifreak8x wrote:
http://whotriviaman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-perfect-companion.html?m=1

This is a VERY interesting thought-out theory in regards to our lovely new companion.
Very interesting indeed! I love the idea that the Master might be behind everything, and the fact that Clara keeps showing up all over the place would be well-explained by her being a Flesh avatar. I think even if that's not the way they end up playing it, it's a great option.
When looking at the trailer for the next part of the series, anyone notice the Doctor's new outfit? Looks rather Victorian from what I saw.
I just watched the new episode. It was amazing. I love how they get references from the original series(I watched a couple episode of it on Netflix). Clara is awesome. Razz

Also, there's a rumor that Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing The Master fro the 50th anniversary...

Edit: Also, "It's smaller on the outside!"
Quote:
Benedict Cumberbatch playing The Master

if this happens, I would just die. Just flat out die from the cool-ness.
>.> I keep missing episodes. WTF DVR. >.>
Spenceboy98 wrote:
I just watched the new episode. It was amazing. I love how they get references from the original series(I watched a couple episode of it on Netflix). Clara is awesome. Razz

Also, there's a rumor that Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing The Master fro the 50th anniversary...

Edit: Also, "It's smaller on the outside!"
Benedict Cumberbatch as the Master would blow my mind from sheer unmitigated awesomeness. On a slightly DW-related note, I watched the Christopher Eccleston, David Tenant, and Billy Piper interviews on Top Gear on Youtube last night. All fairly entertaining.
Watched Captain America last night and was amused to see Clara popping up as Bucky's date to the Stark Expo/World Fair.
elfprince13 wrote:
Watched Captain America last night and was amused to see Clara popping up as Bucky's date to the Stark Expo/World Fair.

oh, you mean like this? Very Happy

btw, nothing for certain yet, but Tennant and Eccleston have been rather... coy... about their participation in the 50th anniversary. I really hope that Eccleston brings back the "a dandy and a fool" statement in some way, shape, or form, assuming he comes back for it.
I was wondering. you said there is a 50 year aniiversery, and obviously the "new Doctor Who" only has 9 seasons now? i think 9 seasons anyway. Definetly not 50 years. So does anyone know if netflix has the original series? Does it explain the timewar more in depth? Does it show the first doctor up to the present? I have always wondered that. I am trying to talk my mom into getting netflix so i can watch those, and she can see old shows as well.

BTW, as for clara. I believe its very interesting. The theorys here are a very very good possibilty, but the silence being able to hack the daleks? They are good, but i dont think they are THAT good. I am thinking Clara is a memory. She is dreamed into existence by the doctor, or the tardis. That explains why she never truly dies. The doctor is good enough to hack the daleks, and he wanted a chance to make things right. His subconcious could have easily fooled him into thinking clara was real, and with the psychic link and the power of the tardis, Clara could easily be set into different time streams. and since he never left that time, (the tardis was always there, but seemingly idle) its very possible the tardis was givign clara life. Which is why she comes back again. As long as the Dr and clara are in the same time as the tardis, she will continue to exist.

Just my theory on it.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
I was wondering. you said there is a 50 year aniiversery, and obviously the "new Doctor Who" only has 9 seasons now? i think 9 seasons anyway. Definetly not 50 years. So does anyone know if netflix has the original series? Does it explain the timewar more in depth? Does it show the first doctor up to the present? I have always wondered that. I am trying to talk my mom into getting netflix so i can watch those, and she can see old shows as well.

The do have the original series on Netflix, but due to junking, the are many missing. Sad
Ok for those that have seen the original series. Would it make more sense of the time war? Or would it make LESS Sense with everything missing?
Well, from what I've seen, the 'old' series of Doctor Who took place before the time war, and the 'new' series afterwards. However, a lot of the old episodes are still brilliant, and certainly worth watching, if you can get your hands on them.

Also, in terms of the Time War, the most explanation you'll get is likely from the Christmas Special (2010, I think?), "The End of Time"
Yea i saw that, i was hoping there was a bit more sense to be made. lol. I would love to see the time war, and what exactly the doctor did that he considers that his darkest secret. Locking his people away in time was certainly bad, but i feel there is something much worse.
Aes_Sedia5 wrote:
Yea i saw that, i was hoping there was a bit more sense to be made. 0x5. I would love to see the time war, and what exactly the doctor did that he considers that his darkest secret. Locking his people away in time was certainly bad, but i feel there is something much worse.
I believe they skipped over the Time War as something in between the TV movie and the current reimagined series in order to free themselves from the need to portray Gallifrey, the other Time Lords, and the Doctor's historical enemies.
^^ Fair enough. so basically just need to piece together info from the hints dropped. If i get netflix i need to rewatch the current series again. i think i might have missed a few episodes in there.
So, first episode of the year, 7x06! We met the Spoonheads, we learned more about Clara [Oswald for the Win] Oswin including why she was such a good hacker. I was confused by the "it's not a leaf, it's Page 1". I thought the resolution was a bit flimsy, par for the course with Moffat episodes. What did you all think?
Look who wrote the book:
Yes indeed, I thought that was either an amusing joke or foreshadowing. I hope not foreshadowing, in a way, because I thought we were done with the Ponds/Williamses.
KermMartian wrote:
Yes indeed, I thought that was either an amusing joke or foreshadowing. I hope not foreshadowing, in a way, because I thought we were done with the Ponds/Williamses.

I'm assuming it's just a joke/easter egg. Did you also notice that she said chapter 11 was sad. Maybe because Doctor #11 is sad. Hm?
KermMartian wrote:

I think it's just moffet screwing with us, as usual. Overall, this was a pretty good episode, I hope that the lame ending was just because it was an episode to build up the Great Intelligence's central role, or the assumed central role, in the new series.

also, anyone hear? Tennant and Piper were confirmed for 50th anniversary!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours