$13 for half a season.
Per episode? That's per part. Part 1 is $13 dollars. If you don't want the HD episodes it's 8.99 or something.
This made me feel sad:

gah, you beat me to posting that video -_-
http://www.combom.co.uk/2012/11/huge-spoilers-doctor-who-cybermen.html

Looks like Mondasian/Telosian cybermen might be making a comeback? These are conspicuously missing a Cybus logo on their chestplate.

This little clip actually makes me sad. Can't wait to see the actual episode, though.
Looking forward to this episode. The trailer was even more trolly with the "she couldn't possibly be the same person" thing.

[edit]
Here's the trailer:

And the winning io9 comment: " Further proof that Commander Strax needs his own spin-off show, where he and Neil Degrasse Tyson drive around in a Winnebago, solving mysteries. "
So, just watched the episode. Don't read past this if you don't want spoilers, of course.

Holy. Mother. Of. Awesome.

New interior of the TARDIS finally looks like a space ship. The intro to the episode is amazing. Strax is my new hero. And Oswin Oswald is a woman that has the ability to respawn. Just saying.
Thoughts in return:

1) New TARDIS interior is excellent, much more classy and closer to the hexagonal consoles of the 70s.
2) I found the snowmen to be meh as a monster.
3) The resolution to both the evil human character and the snowmen was insulting. Three people cry and all the snow turns to salt water? I thought that the snow's psychic connection was (1) local and (2) only relevant to the assembly or disassembly of the snow crystals.
4) I'll give Moffat the benefit of the doubt on the multiple Claras, but it could easily turn out to be something dumb.
I'll definitely give you 2 and 3. It seemed a bit rushed, as if he could have given it a proper ending had he been given 15 more minutes of screen time.

As to the multiple Claras, someone on Facebook posted that what if somehow the TARDIS (since we know she is alive) can't bear seeing him like that, and is trying to spark hope and love back into his hearts by making it so she is reborn as is each time she dies? It's an interesting theory, to be sure. We'll just have to wait and see how this plays out.
I thought it was a great episode, ruined by Moffet's inability to make any decent conclusions for series 7 episodes. The new TARDIS looks great, as the uppy-downy thingies no longer look like wind chimes again. And I think the Clara thing will be interesting and exciting.

A bit of a preview of what's to come!
Looks like some rather interesting episodes and a lot of new or returning monsters to me. I'll have to check DW Combom to see if they have an analysis of all the cuts in that clip.
Random thing I just noticed, the background music played when Clara is chasing the Doctor's Carriage is very similar to the taxis chase theme from sherlock.

'Course, it's probably supposed to be expected because moffat is involved with both shows `-`
qazz42 wrote:
Random thing I just noticed, the background music played when Clara is chasing the Doctor's Carriage is very similar to the taxis chase theme from sherlock.

'Course, it's probably supposed to be expected because moffat is involved with both shows `-`
More importantly, does Murray Gold write the music for Sherlock?
David Arnold
Michael Price

are the composers for Sherlock, so no, he doesn't.

Strange.

also, I simply love the new intro. They finally went back to the red/blue/violent scheme of 9/10's era while making all the stars and spacey wacey stuff reminicient of the 8th's Doctor intro
KermMartian wrote:
Thoughts in return:

1) New TARDIS interior is excellent, much more classy and closer to the hexagonal consoles of the 70s.

Loved it Very Happy

Quote:

Would have been fun to see more of them in action. Interestingly, the "Great Intelligence" is an enemy that's been seen before.

Quote:
3) The resolution to both the evil human character and the snowmen was insulting. Three people cry and all the snow turns to salt water?

This is essentially par for the course with recent Christmas specials (and a few other Moffat episodes recently). Character development over plot resolution is better than the other way around.

Quote:
4) I'll give Moffat the benefit of the doubt on the multiple Claras, but it could easily turn out to be something dumb.

I've got my fingers crossed. Really hoping it's something cool and not "Starbuck's an angel" / "Parallel universe is actually heaven"
Quote:
This is essentially par for the course with recent Christmas specials

I hope you're not referring to A Christmas Carol as one of these Christmas specials, though Wink
[quote="elfprince13"]
KermMartian wrote:
Thoughts in return:

Quote:

Would have been fun to see more of them in action. Interestingly, the "Great Intelligence" is an enemy that's been seen before.
In the new series. Smile I was researching its somewhat extensive history as an enemy in the classic series.

Quote:
Quote:
3) The resolution to both the evil human character and the snowmen was insulting. Three people cry and all the snow turns to salt water?

This is essentially par for the course with recent Christmas specials (and a few other Moffat episodes recently). Character development over plot resolution is better than the other way around.

Quote:

I've got my fingers crossed. Really hoping it's something cool and not "Starbuck's an angel" / "Parallel universe is actually heaven"
Amen to both of those points. I feel that the complexity of the plots has really been catering to a plummeting common denominator of expanding (and less UK-centric) mainstream audience, as well.
http://whotriviaman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/the-perfect-companion.html?m=1

This is a VERY interesting thought-out theory in regards to our lovely new companion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours