I have a few questions about the linkport. I am slowly prepairing to renew the Starwar project, but since i don't have 2 calculators i'm going have to ask these questions and then hope its working when its realeased.

I allready know what data to send to achieve what but what i don't know is:
When im using bcall(_SendAByte, does the reciving calculator respond after each byte or does it just wait till it recognizes a combo of bytes to confirm?
And since the other calculator has to use ReciveAByte, what happens if i send a byte and try sending another one before the other calculator recives the first one?
When you use SendAByte, the bcall will succeed if a remote calculator acknowledges the byte, or fail otherwise. SendAByte only sends a single byte at a time across, and indicates the success or failure of each byte individually. The latter case that you mention is impossible.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours