i'm trying to put stuff on my calc, but i get error 80070016. Also, after that a little down arrow appears on the screen. I also can't use any of the tools in TI connect, but it does recognize the device.
after the error i press clear, and it resets the ram.
Good old error 80070016. Sad The usual steps are reinstalling TI-Connect or trying TILP. Are you using one of the MathPrint OSes?
Ive reinstalled Ticonnect multiple times, and Tilp doesn't work (libatk-1.0-0.dll is missing). And i am using 2.55 w/ mathprint
ive tried to put an older os on, but it doesn't recognize and somehow reverts back to 2.55
edit: the screen shows up

ERROR!
Press any key to turn off and turn back on.

then after that it opens in 2.55
mattplotas wrote:
Ive reinstalled Ticonnect multiple times, and Tilp doesn't work (libatk-1.0-0.dll is missing). And i am using 2.55 w/ mathprint
ive tried to put an older os on, but it doesn't recognize and somehow reverts back to 2.55
You mean the computer doesn't recognize it? Have you tried to use another calculator with an older OS instead of TI-Connect to transfer the older OS, or isn't that an option for you? Also, I think that TILP error means you need to install GTK, if I recall correctly.
this is the only calculator i have.

Update: installing gtk worked, but now this is what i get when i click ready on tilp.

The cable cannot be used. Cause: the cable has not been initialized due to a previous/current error.

comic: condensed double post.
Debrouxl or any other TILP user or maintainer, would you mind weighing in on this topic?
I'm not a TiLP windows user, so I don't know if a console pops up or not. If a console exists, could you look for any errors and put them here? (If it's long, put it into a paste at pastebin.com)

This error generally means that it couldn't find your calculator.

First, did you set the cable correctly? I'm assuming that you are using a USB cable, so you should have the cable set to DirectLink. In the cable settings, you should have also clicked the search icon to find the connected calc, double clicked on the calc, and then hit Save/OK.

Second, since you have TiLP installed with TI-Connect, did you install the libusb filter driver? That is pretty important, considering that without a driver, you are probably not going to be doing any connecting. (I'm not a libusb expert, so consult the TiLP website for details on how to achieve this. READ it, because there are two types of libusb drivers and many ways to install them.)

Third, you may wish to consider looking into BrandonW et. al.'s hacks to revert the OS to a lower version. You probably bought a newer calc, so you have a calc with downgrade protection and 1024 bit RSA key checking. (Sounds like government security, right? It's stupid.) I would suggest 2.43 as a OS version to downgrade to - it is generally very stable and not as likely to crash.
Try using a different cable. I went through 2 bad cables before I found one that worked.

mattplotas wrote:
edit: the screen shows up

ERROR!
Press any key to turn off and turn back on.

then after that it opens in 2.55

You need the 0005 RSA key, as 2.55MP changed the RSA keys. Use Unsigned by Brian Coventry.

KermMartian wrote:
Debrouxl or any other TILP user or maintainer, would you mind weighing in on this topic?

I also got this kind of problem after using TiLP for a while. I'd recommend installing TiLP version 1.14 if v1.16 doesn't work.

alberthrocks wrote:
I'm not a TiLP windows user, so I don't know if a console pops up or not. If a console exists, could you look for any errors and put them here? (If it's long, put it into a paste at pastebin.com)

This error generally means that it couldn't find your calculator.

First, did you set the cable correctly? I'm assuming that you are using a USB cable, so you should have the cable set to DirectLink. In the cable settings, you should have also clicked the search icon to find the connected calc, double clicked on the calc, and then hit Save/OK.

Second, since you have TiLP installed with TI-Connect, did you install the libusb filter driver? That is pretty important, considering that without a driver, you are probably not going to be doing any connecting. (I'm not a libusb expert, so consult the TiLP website for details on how to achieve this. READ it, because there are two types of libusb drivers and many ways to install them.)

Third, you may wish to consider looking into BrandonW et. al.'s hacks to revert the OS to a lower version. You probably bought a newer calc, so you have a calc with downgrade protection and 1024 bit RSA key checking. (Sounds like government security, right? It's stupid.) I would suggest 2.43 as a OS version to downgrade to - it is generally very stable and not as likely to crash.

The Windows version does have a console. I don't know how to copy-paste from it though.
The calculator's TiLP settings for the Direct USB link are "Cable: DirectLink Port:1" in the cable select popup.
If that doesn't fix it, continue.
Make sure the filter driver is installed. Go to the Device Manager (under Control Panel \ System), and see if the calculator is under a section called "libusb-win32 devices". If not, it's listed somewhere else as "TI Educational Handheld" or something of the likes. If it isn't listed, try a different cable. Click on it, and assuming you installed the Direct Link drivers with TiLP (as per default), select "Update Driver". Manually select the driver that isn't like the one that is already installed (TI Educational Handheld or something like that). When that is done, start TiLP and select the DirectLink on port 1. It should work.
Quote:
The Windows version does have a console. I don't know how to copy-paste from it though.
Right-click, choose Mark. Use left-click-and-hold to select a rectangle of text. Then right-click and release once inside the selection to perform the actual copy, and you'll be able to paste it as text.

The "different cable" suggestion is an interesting one, and not one that I've thought of before. I'd be interested to know what the characteristics of "bad" mini-USB cables for calculators are.
Just throwing this out now: Turn off MathPrint mode and use classic. TiLP sometimes hates it when the calc isn't in classic mode.

Also, run the self-test (MODE -> ALPHA+S)
AHelper wrote:
Just throwing this out now: Turn off MathPrint mode and use classic. TiLP sometimes hates it when the calc isn't in classic mode.

Also, run the self-test (MODE -> ALPHA+S)
If you do that, be aware that it clears your memory, so make sure there's nothing you don't mind losing on your calculator beforehand. Smile
[quote="KermMartian"]
Quote:
The "different cable" suggestion is an interesting one, and not one that I've thought of before. I'd be interested to know what the characteristics of "bad" mini-USB cables for calculators are.

In my experience, it would be intermittent or no connection to the calculator. It mostly happens with cables from things like budget electronics. The one that came with my 84+ works great, but the one that came with my camcorder doesn't work well for either device. But even the best of cables eventually fail, so using a different cable is always a good idea.
Quote:
I also got this kind of problem after using TiLP for a while. I'd recommend installing TiLP version 1.14 if v1.16 doesn't work.

This is a silly suggestion Wink
Not only TILP 1.14 has more bugs that spring in normal usage (especially the inability to transfer files of some sizes because TI's implementation expects some extra zero-length USB packets), but it doesn't have the filter driver ability, which enables installing TILP alongside TI-Connect or TI-Nspire Computer (Link) Software (provided the user installs the filter driver as described in the README).

Quote:
TiLP sometimes hates it when the calc isn't in classic mode.

MathPrint's bugs also interfere with the calculator's ability to communicate with a computer ?

In the Windows version, the logs have now been redirected to ~/.tilp.log, where ~ denotes your home directory (C:\Documents and Settings\<username>, C:\Users\<username>). I had to do this because the Windows console is so slow that terminal output made TILP operation markedly slower...

Nowadays, the most common causes of misconfiguration are the absence of installation of the filter driver (which I test on a regular basis, and it works for me) and users not configurating the calculator type and link cable. I can't do much for the first item (users have to install it manually if they're already using TI-Connect / TINC(L)S), but I have already worked on trying to suppress the all too common second item, by auto-detecting calculators on startup Smile
The latest TILP II 1.17 betas have this feature, the latest one is http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188374#188374 .
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:

This is a silly suggestion Wink

It's kind of a worst-case-scenario option.
TiLP 1.16 randomly stopped working on my laptop, and reinstalling wouldn't fix it. I installed 1.14 and it works fine. I don't want to drift too far off topic though.
Quote:
TiLP 1.16 randomly stopped working on my laptop, and reinstalling wouldn't fix it. I installed 1.14 and it works fine

More precisely, what did "stop working" (for TILP II 1.16) mean ? Did it fail to start, did it fail to communicate with the calculator, something else ? Was TI-Connect installed before installing TILP ? Did you use the filter driver installer ?

Clues to help me debugging the issue, if any clues are available, would be in ~/.tilp.log (~ being C:\Documents and Settings\<username> or C:\Users\<username>). TILP II 1.14 doesn't touch that file (only TILP II 1.16+ do), so whatever it contains should be intact. Please send me / post this file Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours