I finally made my own website, here it is: kllrnohj.com/calc

notable features:
    extremely fast
    lightweight and clean
    dial-up user friendly (less than 20kb worth of images TOTAL)
    able to disable certain blocks for even faster load times
    built in cacheing and sending pages compressed
    the current theme is tableless and uses semantic XHTML
    users can upload files (5mb per file, 75mb per user)

check it out and lemme know what ya think (i realize its still light on content, but hopefully i can find enough stuff to add Laughing )

Oh, and as a quick comparison, the front page here is about 130kb, whereas the front page at my site is less than 20kb Wink - now, obviously a portion of that is that here has alot more text and content, but thats still quite a difference Very Happy
sweet. I registered. did you write the CMS yourself?
Ooh, very nice. Are you using Perl for your CGI module?
its all PHP, and its a CMS called Drupal

no CGI or Perl involved
How did you get the pretty urls to work (i.e. example/come/folder/page) without having the queries appear in the URL?
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
How did you get the pretty urls to work (I.e. example/come/folder/page) without having the queries appear in the URL?

by using .htaccess

here's a snippet from the Drupal settings:

Quote:
This option makes Drupal emit clean URLs (i.e. without ?q= in the URL). You'll need ModRewrite support for this to work. See the .htaccess file in Drupal's top-level directory for more information.
Awesome. I need to look into that...
personally i like the use of XHTML and no tables - really makes clean, small source file

oh, and need i point out its FULLY W3C compliant Very Happy http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fkllrnohj.com%2Fcalc%2Fnode
My Complaint: I was almost done with the order form for my own site and I disided to look at the posts, look at this one, and when I clicked your site it closed all my browser windows and opened a new one. I lost all the information for my new site!!! please get that fixed!

-Swivel
I will see about posting this in Cemetech's and TI-Freakware's Link database...
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Awesome. I need to look into that...

Surprised ?! You never knew about that before?
swivelgames wrote:
My Complaint: I was almost done with the order form for my own site and I disided to look at the posts, look at this one, and when I clicked your site it closed all my browser windows and opened a new one. I lost all the information for my new site!!! please get that fixed!

-Swivel

thats a problem with your browser, as the link (the one posted here) is just normal [ url ] bbCode tag
I posted the link, but can you give me a description you would like me to use?
TI-Freak8x wrote:
I posted the link, but can you give me a description you would like me to use?

umm...i don't really HAVE a description yet, but you can call it a program hosting site or something like that...
Ok, well, I will leave it as is, and if you can come up with something, just post it here. Smile And take your time...

You should also join some of our web rings...

Basic Elite
TI-Freakware's web ring

Look at the bottom of the front page...
Yeah, I'm in the four most useful of the TI webrings. Smile
eh, nah. i ain't into the whole 'webring' thing - they just take up space
ok

btw, what about the TI Graphing Calculator Web Ring?
Lol rivereye, did you even read the thread?
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Lol rivereye, did you even read the thread?

lol, so i'm not the ONLY one who thought he didn't read my post.... Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours