» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles, a good question. I was actually considering starting the server on a new map as of 1.7, with perhaps an archive area containing the old buildings. Thanks for reminding me; that might make the world scan mostly unnecessary except for buildings. I was further considering moving towards an iConomy+Towny PvP sort of world, and I was curious what you guys would think of that.
Oh I see, that sounds great! See how big you're able to make a map based on what works for you because I would love to be able to explore a bigger world and the fuller spectrum of 1.7.

I looked up those and it sounds pretty cool. I love the idea of freebuilding awesome things in survival, so how would those plugins change that if so? I'm a fan of open PvP, so that sounds awesome!
charlessprinkle wrote:
I can do that; I will be on for a bit today and will scan the world to make sure every bit is loaded to the edges. Does the nether need to be scanned as well? It doesn't seem like it as the changes are done to the overworld mainly.

Also, when we update to 1.7.2, do you have any plans at mind as far as generating new terrain? If it would be an expansion, how much could the map be expanded by so that we would be able to see at least some of the new biomes?

If we need a new map to see the new biomes, then maybe a teleport at the spawn? (It would be awesome if we could also put teleports at edges / corners of the map, so that both maps link at corresponding locations rather than just being linked at "the middle")
I am for the addition of PvP and Towny.
*grins devilishly and plans to spawn camp*
Yeah I looked at it more, and I'm definitely a vanilla minecraft person and wouldn't be much into towny/iConomy haha. But open friendly PvP I'm still for (: I would definitely miss very much the current style of the server if we switched
Yes, I have seen the rules and will follow them.
I'm all for 1.7 and a new map. I'd prefer no Towny or iConomy. I'd like to see PvP, but not to where it dramatically alters the style of our server.
Abrum wrote:
I'm all for 1.7 and a new map. I'd prefer no Towny or iConomy. I'd like to see PvP, but not to where it dramatically alters the style of our server.

charlessprinkle wrote:
Yeah I looked at it more, and I'm definitely a vanilla minecraft person and wouldn't be much into towny/iConomy haha. But open friendly PvP I'm still for (: I would definitely miss very much the current style of the server if we switched
I'm not personally the hugest fan of PvP for its own end, but I enjoy getting the materials -> money to buy a town with protected Towny plots, then invent clever town defenses to prevent other players from coming in and try to kill me. It's more the creativity of defenses (and offenses like traps!) that I enjoy over the combat. With that in mind, would you Survival building types still be opposed to iConomy/Towny?
I'm definitely pretty fond of being closer to vanilla, so it's not quite for me even in that aspect, but see what everyone else is thinking (: You could even try putting up a map for that and a map for something similar to what we have running now if that's possible

If we end up recreating the map, what I thought would be cool to see is if we could have a day setup that we could have a few of us collaborate and put minds together into building an awesome spawn or something of some sort. And perhaps another day all fight the dragon for a little excitement (:
I always liked the survival world, but an old server my friend had had Towny and it was a lot of fun warring with other towns.
I guess it would be fun to have something new like towny; though I do really like freebuilding and am anxious to see anything with the new biomes.

Also, It would be fun to have one map on AMPLIFIED mode. There'd probably end up being be lots of sky bridges through mountains, and I think a sky-town connection mountains and floating mountains would be cool; kind of like a Skies of Arcadia thing.
looking at the new items, i want to set up a flower shop. just because.

there are so many plants added to the new version...
Totally with you on that shkaboinka! I'm like super jumpy about exploring and building on new terrain
I think amplifed would be a cool thing too, but not sure if everyone could do it because it takes a better PC to run it more smoothly. It would definitely be both amazing and a bit of a challenge. Mesa is epic in amplified, its like the Grand Canyon

LuxenD, I love how there's so many flowers as well, it's amazing
An idea or two to play with:

- Creating a new world.
- Creating an artistic, yet efficient spawn. (covered later)
- Placing spawn in the new world atop a beautiful mountain.
- Building a flat interplanetary map (representing the Cemetech Solar System (CSS)) at spawn that has a few stars (represented by beacons) labeled that each represent a CSS world (see the next steps). (I credit Cemetech, KOTOR2 and WoW material for these ideas)
- Making portals at Spawn's interplanetary map to:
1) The old world. (limited as it is now)
2) A limited-size Grand Canyon world. (limited in the same manner as our 1.6 world)
3) The Museum unless it gets combined with the old world.
- Placing those portals near the blocks representing worlds at Spawn's star map.
- Placing an interplanetary map in each world, unifying the system.
- Using Towny on our old world (since it'd be available via Star Portals) and evaluating it together as requested above.
I agree with Abrum; it seems like a pretty good compromise between keeping the old world linked to a newly generated world. On the other hand, I'm not particularly fond of Towny; it seems counterproductive to the idea that you can build wherever you want on the server. If it's Towny on a trial basis I suppose it's okay seeing as things on the old world are already pretty firmly established, but it's not something I'd like to see last.
Thanks for all the great feedback, guys. Smile I'm still looking all your ideas over in terms of what we have know and where we imagine our server going in the future, and I think it's likely that for a first step, the buildings in the current Survival world will be archived into the Museum World and the current Survival world locked and/or removed. I think it's also almost definite that we'll have a new 1.7 world for general playing, with boundaries restricted enough that people don't feel isolated, but generous enough that there is a lot of cool 1.7 terrain and features to explore. Do people have an interest in bringing their current buildings into a new map? If so, I might make a currency sort of way to do that (incidentally, I am offering to pay 30,000 ingame monetary units on the Towny/PvP server I play to bring my city to their new 1.7 server map, so this is relevant to my interests).
KermMartian wrote:
Do people have an interest in bringing their current buildings into a new map?

I'm actually interested in building a new world from scratch, but I'd love to be able to bring my items back and forth in-between worlds (I've spent a lot of time enchanting stuff, and I'd like to bring building materials without having to mine them up again, etc.)
No problem Kerm! (:

If you're able to keep generating until you see you get a map with a lot of good new type of terrain (mega taiga, mesa, savanna?) that would be cool so perhaps we don't need a massive map. I've heard people traveling a few thousand blocks sometimes just to get what they were looking for!

As for bringing building and stuff into the new map, at least for me personally, I think starting from scratch, fighting to survive and get up to speed and start new things is more for me. That fresh start! Perhaps others may want to bring stuff in, but for me I think I'll leave it behind as we'll have it in the museum world or something (: it would definitely be cool to be able revisit a couple old builds for old times sake

I think it would be cool once in a while to have a little MC weekend or something where we can all do something cool or fun on the server, perhaps one of the times, all go hunt down the end and slay the dragon (also so we could be able to build the endy farm later on). But also perhaps build stuff together, maybe continue building a community spawn village together, maybe have building competitions? I think something along those lines or something would keep it more alive so I'm not always the only one online haha (:
I say that while a towny sounds interesting, it also sounds complicated and not so awesome. maybe if we were to keep a small world for the towny that people can easily reach.

however, it appears that most users also want to keep the main part of the map as we have had it before, Me included.

I will begin work on the boat launches today, and i could bring them to the new map(s), too, once it is available.
1) Bring over the mob grinder. Charlessprinkle's, to be exact.
2) Make a PvP maze that everyone can join and kill each other.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours