» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
i think it it a bit more decided that if we have a PvP, it wont be a ruthless showcase of barbarianism. besides, PvPs need many people just to be successful, and we have only had a maximum of 7 people at one time (as reported by the MC.Cemetech.Net page) in June. most often times when i log in, there isnt anyone at all.

something to bring over: the self-changing maze. maybe even expand it?
ordelore wrote:
1) Bring over the mob grinder. Charlessprinkle's, to be exact.
2) Make a PvP maze that everyone can join and kill each other.

I feel like I would be up for making that again on the new world as opposed to bringing it over. I also might have some ideas to make it even faster and more fun to use (:

I feel PvP would be cool to have. Not like willy nilly, oh hello newbie to the server, let me kill you sort of PvP, but like perhaps like with someone's permission for funsies sake, friend to friend PvP, because I think a lot of people like that sometimes. Definitely PvP should be off limits between another person if they wish to not take part. A server I watch on youtube a lot, Mindcrack (perhaps the most watched whitelisted server out there... dinnerbone goes on it sometimes), builds so many cool and epic things, and also does a mixture of friendly and funny pranks and PvP (:
Kerm if you didn't notice yet, Tango released a new Iron Farm, "Iron Foundry". Produces 1700 iron/hr, if you have time, we could build it on Cemetech server. Maybe this weekend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Je3IpC1aY
Pizzaboy, that sounds like a lot of fun. I'll try to check out that video later today. Speaking of our joint projects, I'm still trying to get Oliver to let us bring Arcadia 6 into the new Yogiverse server, but it looks like that's not going to happen, which I'm sad to say may mean the end of my free time getting poured into the Yogiverse. I am definitely going to get a schematic of Arcadia to put into the Museum World on Cemetech, though, and if we can get a decent Towny/PvP/iConomy server going with more than zero average users, I might spend more time on our own server.
ordelore wrote:
1) Bring over the mob grinder. Charlessprinkle's, to be exact.

Having been involved in the building of the mob grinder, I definitely wouldn't want to spend several days rebuilding it.

I don't want to get lost in multiple 1.7 worlds. One amplified world and one standard world is more than sufficient. I'd prefer if the plugin setup wouldn't change except for chat between the two 1.7 worlds becoming possible. Or CraftIRC.

It'd also be nice to be able to get my stuff out of the 1.6.2 world (in particular my thousands of carrots Razz ).

And charlessprinkle, you/we/Cemetech should build that Iron Foundry farm.
Lookie who's back!! You should be on more!

cvsoft wrote:

Having been involved in the building of the mob grinder, I definitely wouldn't want to spend several days rebuilding it.

Well it's not going to take several days; I'm gonna get it done in a day or two once I have sufficient cobble from mining. Abrum will be helping very much with MMM v2.0. I will also be testing how to optimize the efficiency and lag in their respective ideals. Redstone introduces massive amounts of lag, and to have a redstone clock going, sending a pulse up 4 redstone torch towers is no bueno. FPS drops from average 30 to 5. Also, finding a faster way to kill of mobs will increase the mob rates to greater than 40 mobs/minute (30 levels/ 4-6 minutes) since mobs respawn instantly almost.

A cool addition Abrum and I agreed on is a battle arena feature in the floor below the mob mashing floor where you may choose to battle up to 80 mobs at once and go to war with the power of the MMM if you wish.

Overall a fresh start on the MMM is what I would like to do and completely redo it to make it look cooler and make it better.

cvsoft wrote:

It'd also be nice to be able to get my stuff out of the 1.6.2 world (in particular my thousands of carrots Razz ).

And charlessprinkle, you/we/Cemetech should build that Iron Foundry farm.

Of course you would bring your carrots Razz

I would love to be involved in perhaps the making of any sort of farm whether if be an iron/gold farm, and especially the endy farm.
Don't forget an equally large carrot farm! Perhaps even built underground, below the iron farm.
I've been thinking about, but haven't done yet, a mega farm that has the same stuff as the community garden but on a larger scale and has some easy form of harvesting that brings in a ton of everything each harvest.

Then of course we have the different item/mob farms. we would need to spread the different farms that involve mobs of some form apart enough that they dont affect one another's effectiveness.
I'm all for a new map under 1.7.2. I am also not the biggest PvP/iTowny fan but it will create a reason for players to come back and work towards keeping their plots. I haven't played the current world in months and my items are probably still there. Under Towny, they'd be protected until I didn't pay my "rent."

So, I would likely play more or just partner with someone as long as the rent wasn't absurdly high - it was like 40,000 or something on evocat?

We'd also be able to unwhitelist the building privileges.

As far as spawn goes, I say we make the new map and make it so users can only build within, say, 50 blocks of spawn, at first. Enable creative mode as to promote an attractive spawn. The once spawn is complete reverse it so the 50 blocks around spawn are protected while every block outside of spawn is free game.
comicIDIOT wrote:

As far as spawn goes, I say we make the new map and make it so users can only build within, say, 50 blocks of spawn, at first. Enable creative mode as to promote an attractive spawn. The once spawn is complete reverse it so the 50 blocks around spawn are protected while every block outside of spawn is free game.

Thus encouraging a beautiful new spawn? I'm all for the idea myself, but we might be getting conflicts between people who want to take the area in different directions...
turiqwalrus wrote:

Thus encouraging a beautiful new spawn? I'm all for the idea myself, but we might be getting conflicts between people who want to take the area in different directions...

Allow all different directions? A colorful spawn is a beautiful spawn Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm all for a new map under 1.7.2. I am also not the biggest PvP/iTowny fan but it will create a reason for players to come back and work towards keeping their plots. I haven't played the current world in months and my items are probably still there. Under Towny, they'd be protected until I didn't pay my "rent."
That's exactly it: this would make people want to visit more often and be more competitive.

Quote:
So, I would likely play more or just partner with someone as long as the rent wasn't absurdly high - it was like 40,000 or something on evocat?
10,000d to found a town, 125d a day to maintain a town, and gold ingots were worth 30d each. Voting on Minestatus gave you 75d once a day.

Quote:
We'd also be able to unwhitelist the building privileges.
Oh yeah, good point.

Quote:
This is ingenious; we just need to remember to clear everyone's inventory when we reverse the protection. Wink I think we won't have too big a problem with consensus: we just need to discuss what we want things to look like in here, then make sure everyone agrees to work on that.
As long as we force usesr into Creative and disable Survival, I don't think played will have inventories. But it's easy enough to clear.

KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
10,000d to found a town, 125d a day to maintain a town, and gold ingots were worth 30d each. Voting on Minestatus gave you 75d once a day.

As long as the rent for each plot isn't that much, it'd be do able.
comicIDIOT wrote:
As long as we force usesr into Creative and disable Survival, I don't think played will have inventories. But it's easy enough to clear.
If you open a chest, dropper, hopper, dispenser, or a few other things in Creative, you can see your inventory. Smile

comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Quote:

As long as the rent for each plot isn't that much, it'd be do able.
And if you had a massive gold farm like we built in Arcadia 6 and now archived in the Museum World, all you'd need to do is idle for a few minutes. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Charles, a good question. I was actually considering starting the server on a new map as of 1.7, with perhaps an archive area containing the old buildings. Thanks for reminding me; that might make the world scan mostly unnecessary except for buildings. I was further considering moving towards an iConomy+Towny PvP sort of world, and I was curious what you guys would think of that.

I am against the archiving of the existing world. There are still large active builds going on in the world. I personally wouldn't care to use Towny at all since I really don't have a problem with how the current map is running. I am against constraining buildings to a Towny system.

Having the archive worlds, the existing PvE world, and a PvP Towny world, I am fine with so long that the PvE world isn't archived.

Quote:

I can see this done if only upon the creation of spawn and disabled afterwards. Making sure that there are no dropped items, placed blocks with inventories, etc. would have to be done when reversing the mode.
I actually think what's been discussed about allowing building around spawn (and then not further out, and then again even further out) sounds great.

I'm also agreeable to a towny setup as discussed (that's a change of opinion from me).

But I want to see a 1.7 world in either case Very Happy

...is there a way to change the gamemode from creative to survival in different "zones"? Or a way to disable some of the creative features to make it like survival in certain region(s)?
If you have creative and survival enabled, then you will open a large can of worms. How will you combat item duping? What if you lag the server from entity overloading? Blow up the map with a completely filled chunk of TNT, causing server crashing and a destroyed map?

In order for that to be put in, a LOT of policing must be done.
AHelper wrote:

Having the archive worlds, the existing PvE world, and a PvP Towny world, I am fine with so long that the PvE world isn't archived.

I'd very much agree. I think there are mixed opinions on having towny/iconomy *or* the same style server we have now. Especially if we put towny on only, quite a few of us wouldn't enjoy it very much.
I would absolutely agree with AHelper that having both the current style, and a towny separately would solve it as its a compromise that can't really let anyone down. Assuming the server has the space to do it, I would be in favor of seeing a 1.7 world of the same style, only difference being the new terrain, and a 1.7 towny world. I think I'd be up to try towny, but my fear originally was that I'm likely not going to like it and I'd not be playing much anymore if I didn't like it, as there'd be no option of playing a regular, closer to standard vanilla minecraft world.
AHelper wrote:
Quote:

I can see this done if only upon the creation of spawn and disabled afterwards. Making sure that there are no dropped items, placed blocks with inventories, etc. would have to be done when reversing the mode.

Theoretically, any chests that are placed will be empty so we could go through and check each one. Or, if there are no chests in the build plan we just disable the opening of chests as part of the restrictions in spawn. So even if someone were to hide a chest full of diamonds in a maze under spawn they couldn't open it.

Also, is it possible to impose restrictions in creative? Say, the opening of chests but not the placement/destruction? If it is possible, that'd solve a lot of issues right there.
I think we could just find-replace all chests and other storage items (hoppers, droppers, furnaces, dispensers, and so on) with empty versions of themselves to avoid that problem, and simply deleting everyone's user file will clear their inventories. I think we don't need to restrict much during the building phase if we're careful about cleaning it before bringing it into the real map.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours