» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
turiqwalrus wrote:
I'd like to get in on the spawn building action as well, of course, assuming my laptop doesn't fizzle out as it too often does. As usual, under the same username, though- turiqwalrus.

Hmm. Could this happen, then, please? The server's blocking me out as of now Razz
turiqwalrus wrote:
turiqwalrus wrote:
I'd like to get in on the spawn building action as well, of course, assuming my laptop doesn't fizzle out as it too often does. As usual, under the same username, though- turiqwalrus.

Hmm. Could this happen, then, please? The server's blocking me out as of now Razz
Thanks to the magic of smartphones, you are now whitelisted.
This is coming along very awesomely! I love the sub-structure look of the station, and it looks like it is going to fill in with the rock above it nicely. I hope to see more of that: squaring off the bottoms/sides/etc. of land formations with buildings. I think it would be cool if something like that filled (even partially) one of the tunnels half-way up from the ground.

Here's an idea: What if some of that track turned into a monorail-type thing as it stretched out from spawn? Or perhaps just in places (e.g. where the land reaches up closer to it, or perhaps having the "supporting structure" sometimes reach UP or to the side from the track to connect to nearby land formations). Also, how about some layers too: looking up (or down), you'd see track stretching through the air, and then another going perpendicular much higher up / much lower down, but still high off the ground ... etc.

Edit: Wow, it looks like the tracks have already been worked on quite a bit! Awesome job! ... Were utilities used to extend those out, or was that all by hand?

Also, is there a map of this world or a way to see who's on?
you can see a (kinda blurry) map of the world at mc.cemetech.net:8122.

i wont be able to get on till next thursday; this weekend is the christmas cantata, so ive got my hands full.
The switching system for the rails on the new map is coming along nicely thanks to KermM for putting up with programming the 150+ command blocks.
I've built a bridge under the train station, over the water. It's missing suspension "cables" (any suggestions for how to do this?). I'd like to extend the ends of the bridges to form a "boardwalk" going around/through some of the water/lava falls, and perhaps even under the water at some point (using either glass or fences, or some way to hold the "roof" of the water up and then just letting it fall down around the board walk).

Anyone may feel free to extend this in either direction. The general idea is a scenic walkway that leads through places/areas which would not normally (or not easily) be "walkable" without the walkway there (around/through the falls, over(or under?) the water, perhaps eventually through holes in the vertical landscape). I'm using Jungle wood because I liked that color best with the surroundings, but it can vary as long as it looks good.

Also, I've posted some signs around to leave notes, but those should not stay when we've eventually "locked" down the spawn area *and feel free to remove them if/when they no longer apply or begin to state the obvious)

(AHelper, your picture is tripping me out)
When I try to log in, it says that I am not white listed. Perhaps you could re-add me to the list?
ordelore wrote:
When I try to log in, it says that I am not white listed. Perhaps you could re-add me to the list?
Are you coming to help finish the spawn? We are not quite ready to open it up for general use yet, unfortunately.

Edit: Note from discussion with CharlesSprinkle and others: Groupmanager to replace PermissionsEx (PEX), Fe plus Vault to replace iConomy. Towny is not ready yet.
Shaun is back with a new location!

Can someone white-list PlazmaPhoenix? That's me and I wanna help make spawn
Some new progress pictures, mostly focusing on the rails:

1. A look at four of the buildings in the spawn "city":

2. Part of the rail complex, including the post-terminal sorting and the five-track tunnel that comes up to the Y=160 level of the cross-map tracks:

3. A view of that five-track tunnel from the other direction, with one of the two-track tunnels and part of the spawn complex:

4. Two views inside the mountain underlying the spawn complex, showing where the eight tracks coming from the four sides of the map interconnect into six (and then five) tracks to the spawn terminal. North-south tracks are at the top of the room, east-west tracks at the bottom.

Besides looking at images of what is in spawn, how about what is out of spawn?

^ First sight

^ Mountain and pit next to each other

^ Highest point I climbed: y=241

Nice discoveries, AHelper! I also enjoyed doing some automatic exploration of the map while I was copy-pasting the rails into place. I think it's going to be a really exciting map to build and fight in. In more immediate news, the rail interchange and terminal are nearly complete, which means that in terms of rails, the stations are the main missing piece for the launch of this server. The sum-total of tasks that remain:
Server: Non-dev build of Craftbukkit.
Plugins: Need Fe, Vault, Groupmanager, SignShops, Towny, and WorldGuard for 1.7.
Economy: Need to decide on which materials will be sellable and buyable, the prices for each, and the prices of creating towns, upkeeping towns, and buying chunks (plots).
Rails: Need to build stations along four branches. Need to WorldGuard all branches and stations.
Spawn: Missing features: signshop chests in shop buildings, spawn border delineation, cleanup around LTWTTF stairs, more ways out of spawn, some grass that has not grown over dirt, general cleanup of entertainment projects. Cleanup of "clipboard" of rail pieces. Protection of spawn.
Configuration: Setting up groups for new members, members who have visited before, mods, and admins. Turning off PvP inside spawn and rails. Configuring Towny.

Anything else that I missed? Now, some pictures:

1) Three pictures of the completed interchange room that connects the four rail branches to the Spawn Terminal:

2) Two lucky chunk-loading-lag "xray" views of the interchange room above the terminal, with Shop #2 and the rest of the spawn near the top. You can almost see the fact that the interchange room has four layers here.

I'd like to see/do some more creative modifications around the spawn area before it gets locked down. For example, the wooden walk-ways that I started can go a lot further and to different areas.

I'd like to fill in some of the different "layers" (vertical-wise) too. We've got the spawn buildings up top, the railways beneath, and then (aside from a bit of my walkway), not much below that. I don't know if we necessarily want much on the ground-ground, but there is still some sizable-ish air space beneath the tracks, and perhaps some underground stuff would be nice too. If nothing else, I'd like to get some walk-ways looping up and through and around some of the unique landscape (more for the scenic part of it than the practical; There'd probably be more winding/looping before any of my current paths connect to anything useful if we bring any part of them up to anything else already connected)
I did some stuff, too! I expanded the cow pit and added a batcave. I created cat island, which ahelper then stole all the cats from. And I created a sand temple! (I'm not helpful.)
I saw what I thought was a sand temple, and I got excited ... and then discovered that it was just an artifact of the landscape. (Maybe I didn't see the same thing you made).
Maybe something happened to it Sad
shkaboinka wrote:
I'd like to see/do some more creative modifications around the spawn area before it gets locked down. For example, the wooden walk-ways that I started can go a lot further and to different areas.
I must say that I finally got around to walking your boardwalk creation, and I think you did a great job on it; keep up the good work. We'll need some more ways for people to make their way down to the ground from the spawn, most likely, so feel free to work on that. We'll want them to be as inconspicuous and unobtrusive (or perhaps "natural" is the word I'm looking for) as possible.

Also, the West Branch of the railroad now has three stations beside the Spawn Terminal: Sonora Mountain Station (around X=-650), Tortolita Station (around X=-1150), and Verdure Terminal (around X=-1750). All three use the same copy-pasted station design, with modifications so that the riders can safely reach the ground.

1) Sonora Mountain Station:

2) Tortolita Station:

3) Verdure Terminal:
I discovered how to use TNT:

Who did this?!

Upside down cat?
You broke the mushroom!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours