I don't know which software i should use on my computer for my TI-NSpire. There is both the teacher and the student but i am using it as a standalone (not in a classroom setting). Any help would be appriciated!
Welcome to Cemetech, themav! What exactly do you want to do? Transfer programs and/or games to your calculator? Write Lua programs for your Nspire on your computer and send them over? Something else?
KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, themav! What exactly do you want to do? Transfer programs and/or games to your calculator? Write Lua programs for your Nspire on your computer and send them over? Something else?

I want to write Lua programs for my Nspire and send them over, I also want to be able to share files with it like BASIC programs and games.

Other than that i don't care what the software does.
I believe that the Student software can do all of that. In fact, according to recent information I read, TI is now bundling the Student software with Nspire calculators, but I'm not sure about the veracity of that information. Just as a ranting aside, it seems pretty negligent to me to not supply the software your users need to load software onto a device with said device, and greedy to charge extra for it. Especially when you have twenty years of history of providing such software (TI-GraphLink, TI-Connect) gratis.
Thank you for your help KermMartian. A CD containing software came with my NSpire. Hopefully that will be what I need. Someone told me the cd had the student software. Do you know of any tutorials for the things i want to do?
themav wrote:
Thank you for your help KermMartian. A CD containing software came with my NSpire. Hopefully that will be what I need. Someone told me the cd had the student software. Do you know of any tutorials for the things i want to do?
Not off the top of my head, but I'd imagine it will be pretty straightforward. Pop in the CD, double-click the installer, and see where you can get from there.
Thank you, once again, for you help. The student software does what i need it to do!
themav wrote:
Thank you, once again, for you help. The student software does what i need it to do!
Great, glad to hear it, and you're welcome. Let us know if you need any further help, in general or with programming. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours