This is a game called dungeons made in ti-basic. The object of the game is to get through each prison cells, each cell is a puzzle which has to be solved before moving on to the next. The big N blocks are movable, the black = blocks are solid, and the 0 are holes which may be removed by pushing a N block into it. I have first 10 levels done, and will finish pretty soon. I know it looks really easy, but it gets really hard (didn't want to spoil the solution).
This looks really neat. Any idea when we'll get to download it?
Not any time soon, I didn't back up, and when my calc crashed everhing is gone, except my knowledge, so I will try to re-program it.
Aww, that really sucks. Sad
Oh no, what a disaster! I hope you're able to reprogram it, it looked pretty fun... Maybe in the rewrite you can make it use xLib graphics and stuff like that!
zeldaking wrote:
Not any time soon, I didn't back up, and when my calc crashed everhing is gone, except my knowledge, so I will try to re-program it.
Sorry to hear it. Sad I know it's closing the door after the horse has left a barn, but daily backups are very important, even if you take the precaution of grouping/archiving versions of your program often. You should definitely try some hybrid libs when you recreate it!
What Kerm said. You have absolutely no idea how much I repeat this to everyone. I'm making sure people be careful, but for new people sometimes they're not used to losing data, so it's inevitable they might forget the first time or just say "Maybe data loss won't happen to me, so backups aren't as importan".

That said I hope you don't give up, though. It sucks when stuff like this happens. I dealt with it almost a decade ago and the project in question never recovered, due to the loss of many graphics.
Necropost... It has been a very great year. My ti-basic knowledge has increased greatly since I programmed the above dungeons. As a result I am going to go back and optimize it like crazy, and maybe even add a seperate xlib release. If you had ever tried this game I think there is only 13 levels so I'm going to add a bunch more. This post also celebrate's a full year since I joined this awesome site. Thanks everyone.
zeldaking wrote:
Necropost... It has been a very great year. My ti-basic knowledge has increased greatly since I programmed the above dungeons. As a result I am going to go back and optimize it like crazy, and maybe even add a seperate xlib release. If you had ever tried this game I think there is only 13 levels so I'm going to add a bunch more. This post also celebrate's a full year since I joined this awesome site. Thanks everyone.
Congratulations on a full year at Cemetech, the patience and longevity to stick around this long, and your programming progress in this past year. I think that an upgraded version of Dungeons is a great idea, as long as you don't let it distract you from finishing Asteroids.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours