-Down to 78? How sad, if you reach 100 you'll have shot the moon.
-Also, to complete your collection you should get a TI-99/4.
-Surprised you don't have more TI-84+s, in all that.
-I'd want some busted ones, but I don't think I'd have the ability to repair them.
Tari wrote:
Puppy!

How do you store all of those? It's a significant volume..
I have an oversized shelf where I manage to cram them all in.

cvsoft wrote:
Umm, whoa. How much did all that even cost?
I estimate less than a thousand dollars, as only the TI-84+ and one of the Prizms were bought at full retail. The rest are repaired units or engineering/review samples.

CalebHansberry wrote:
-Down to 78? How sad, if you reach 100 you'll have shot the moon.
-Also, to complete your collection you should get a TI-99/4.
-Surprised you don't have more TI-84+s, in all that.
-I'd want some busted ones, but I don't think I'd have the ability to repair them.
- I think I'll live. Smile
- I used to have one, but I left it at college when I graduated and it disappeared
- I have plenty of TI-84+SEs; I never pursued getting TI-84+s except for the one I bought
- Yeah, only CVSoft and I have even investigated the hot air LCD row/column fix, to my knowledge, and we've had intermittent luck at best.
Guess the calc!

I got it from my science teacher. I was the only person who gave a logical reason to justify him giving it to me. :p
Some old non-Flash TI graphic calculator?
TI-85 ?
critor wrote:
Some old non-Flash TI graphic calculator?
TI-85 ?
Nah, definitely a TI-82.
So, I was almost right. Wink
Its an 83!

Not ribbon failure, that screen blacking is the result of a program I made to show the white lines that I noticed. or, that might be ribbon failure also.
I only have a ti84pcse
ordelore wrote:
Its an 83!
That's failure of the finer-grained ribbon cable; very hard to repair. To date I've only been semi-successful.
OK Kerm, I have to ask this, as its BEGGING to be answered......

WHY!!!!!!!!

lol

I get why you might want 2 or 3 of each (if your into hardware mods and hacks), but other than that, why would you want more than ONE of ANY of them? Whats so special about one TI-83 from another TI-83? They do the same thing, look the same, work the same, and essentially ARE the same.....

Just curious. Very Happy
but having so many Calcs allows you to do awesome things with each of them. I, along with others im sure are in cemetech, am very jealous of kerms epic collection of calculators.

Also, each is its own testing zone, since i doubt all of the calcs are all completely the same software wise, and maybe hardware wise, knowing Kerm.

Also Also, it just looks cool to have 50+ calcs.
KermMartian wrote:
ordelore wrote:
Its an 83!
That's failure of the finer-grained ribbon cable; very hard to repair. To date I've only been semi-successful.

I've actually gotten the white stripes to be limited to one thanks to some very difficult massaging of both ribbon cable connections.
Kerm: how broken are those calcs? I might want one if there is a glimmer of hope for them.
16aroth6 wrote:
Kerm: how broken are those calcs? I might want one if there is a glimmer of hope for them.
Broken enough that I don't have the time or patience to debug them. They're mostly in the TI-82, TI-83, and TI-86 lines, and have LCD or mainboard problems.
KermMartian wrote:
16aroth6 wrote:
Broken enough that I don't have the time or patience to debug them. They're mostly in the TI-82, TI-83, and TI-86 lines, and have LCD or mainboard problems.

I think I might want an 82 or 83, just to take apart and explore.
I used to have a Pentium III [sticker] in my calc; it got rather outdated, so I upgraded my CPU [sticker]:

After:
Heh, I'm glad you gave your calculator an upgrade. I still have a Doors CS 6 sticker on my trusty TI-84 Plus, the one I bought for full price with my own money.
Sounds like a cool sticker! I was considering actually making a sticker of "Zilog Inside". Smile
Just put my money against an hp 50g, found it for $60 on ebay, while most listings put it at either $90, or $100+, so yeah. I still need to get a picture of all my calculators, since I added a couple more Casios to my collection since the last picture was taken. I have several more calculators I'd like to get soonish, once some money is available to do so.
He is only a week and 2 days old so he's still a baby T_T

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours