So Big Lots has this sale going on this week on a Nextbook 7" Android 4.0 Tablet. They don't list the model, but the specs they list match up with the Nextbook Premium7SE

Is this worth getting for $89? Or even $79 if I can score a display model(which one of the stores I called has)?

I'm not looking for a super high-end, run-anything-that-exists-or-ever-will-exist computer, I'm basically looking for something that will run most apps, some emulators, and browse the net at a decent pace.
DShiznit wrote:
Is this worth getting for $89? Or even $79 if I can score a display model(which one of the stores I called has)?

Just a heads up that stores may not sell the floor model until the model hits clearance and is the last remaining product. Stores generally shy away from selling floor models until the last possible day because it would cost them to put up another floor model and sell it cheaply a second time.

This looks like a sale rather than a clearance item since the sale has a start and end date. I'm not familiar with Big Lots so feel free to try and get the floor model.
The floor model IS the last one in stock at the Big Lots in Exton. If they still have it tomorrow morning(when my mom can drive there) we'll try for that one.

Here's another question though. The one Big Lots that still does have these in stock is 25 miles away in New Jersey. Is this tablet, at this price, worth a 25-mile car trip(and 1.5 gallons of gas each way)?
DShiznit wrote:
Here's another question though. The one Big Lots that still does have these in stock is 25 miles away in New Jersey. Is this tablet, at this price, worth a 25-mile car trip(and 1.5 gallons of gas each way)?

No and asking for the floor model on sale items is a common question in retail. If they don't allow the sale of the floor model ask for a rain check, it'll ensure you get the sale price in the future as long as you have the (valid) rain check at time of purchase.
It won't be terrible, but it'll be close. ICS barely runs on 512mb of RAM - JB greatly improves that, but this is unlikely to get any updates. 1GHz Cortex A8 and an 800x480 screen means it might not be terribly slow at least, but the touch screen is likely to be crap.

Is the $200 Nexus 7 really out of reach? That is a *huge* improvement over this $90 7" tablet...
Kllrnohj wrote:
It won't be terrible, but it'll be close. ICS barely runs on 512mb of RAM - JB greatly improves that, but this is unlikely to get any updates. 1GHz Cortex A8 and an 800x480 screen means it might not be terribly slow at least, but the touch screen is likely to be crap.

Is the $200 Nexus 7 really out of reach? That is a *huge* improvement over this $90 7" tablet...

I'll keep that in mind if I can't get this one(right now it's either the 79$ floor model at Exton if they still have it, or nothing, since we aren't driving to Jersey for this). 200$ is out of reach right now, but in a few months we'll have a nice low interest rate on our mortgage, so there might be a little more extra to put toward something like this come Christmas.
DShiznit wrote:
I'll keep that in mind if I can't get this one(right now it's either the 79$ floor model at Exton if they still have it, or nothing, since we aren't driving to Jersey for this). 200$ is out of reach right now, but in a few months we'll have a nice low interest rate on our mortgage, so there might be a little more extra to put toward something like this come Christmas.

If money is that tight then 100% skip this tablet. It's not worth it, even at $80.
Well they didn't have it anymore anyway(and we were definitely not going to Jersey for this) so we'll keep our eyes open for a deal on that Nexus you mentioned. Maybe for Christmas this year.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours