Happy July 4th, everyone! What are you all doing to celebrate this mid-week hiatus to honor our nation's 236th anniversary? For those of you in other countries, what normal, everyday events are marking this normal day? Smile I'm planning to go to a picnic with friends, then possibly visit a July 4th party at some friends' house and hopefully make a stop (dressed as the 11th Doctor) at the Way Station.
I'm going to try and watch as much of the Emmerich/Devlin quartet as I can: Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, and The Patriot. Also some noms. Went to a nice fireworks display here in Princeton on Monday night.
I'm going to eat BBQ food with family members and watch fireworks. The latter of which I already did.

There is so much ash in my hair.....
I will enjoy ALL of the celebrations.... in 35 minutes as the 4th isn't here yet for me Wink

KermMartian wrote:
honor our nation's 236th anniversary

Only the 236th? Only 673 more years (*) until the US is as old as The Doctor.

KermMartian wrote:
and hopefully make a stop (dressed as the 11th Doctor) at the Way Station.
Will you be wearing a Fez?

* - During Amy's Choice
AHelper wrote:

And a bow-tie. Because, you know, bow-ties are cool.
MLP marathon, chilling in my basement, finishing my 4th of July themed pixel, fireworks, lots of mountain dew, possibly food as well.
I will be blowing my fingers off.
seana11 wrote:

Yay, does that mean you won't be able to use a computer and therefore wouldn't be able to visit cemetech anymore? Very Happy

Of course, I'm kidding, don't go blowing your fingers off.
AHelper wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
and hopefully make a stop (dressed as the 11th Doctor) at the Way Station.
I will be wearing a tweed jacket, light-blue shirt, red bow-tie, dark brown pants, and brown shoes.
Ashbad wrote:
seana11 wrote:

Yay, does that mean you won't be able to use a computer and therefore wouldn't be able to visit cemetech anymore? :D.

I'll use my feet, obviously

Well Utah is having many wildfires at the time so firework restrictions are ridiculous. Which means no fireworks. My dad is home from work which means we will probably doing lots of outside work. Sad its going to be lame. Oh going to see a parade, thats all.
I blew up a bunch of fireworks as usual.
Worked on my new car - changed brake pads on my FR-S, which means I can finally drive it again. Yay!
So. I made it through all but Godzilla. On the other hand, grilling ALL THE THINGS made up for it.
I went to Minnesota for a combined 4th of July/Friend's birthday party. We hung out on a lake, swam, jet skied, fire-worked, and I fell off the boat and have a giant bruise. It was good times.
merthsoft wrote:
I went to Minnesota for a combined 4th of July/Friend's birthday party. We hung out on a lake, swam, jet skied, fire-worked, and I fell off the boat and have a giant bruise. It was good times.
That sounds great! I had a picnic with lots of delicious foods and desserts as well as card games with friends in a park near me in the afternoon. I then went to a pair of friends' apartment in midtown to hang out, see other friends, and watch the NYC fireworks from their roof. It was a lot of fun. Also it was my seven-month mensiversary with my girlfriend, and I got her a Doctor Who-themed gift, so I built a balsa-wood TARDIS to put the gift inside.
Where are the pictures of the TARDIS?

Shaun, what caused the bruise? Did you hit bits of the boat on your way over?
elfprince13 wrote:
Where are the pictures of the TARDIS?

Shaun, what caused the bruise? Did you hit bits of the boat on your way over?
Coming very soon, elfprince13. I don't consider it ridiculously awesome work, but it was fun to build and well-received. Shaun: hope you feel better! Sad
At the time the first post was posted (July 3rd), it was my town's 404th anniversary.

Then 2 days earlier, Canada Day. (Which is not as popular as Québec National Day 1 week before on June 24th over here.)
KermMartian wrote:
Coming very soon, elfprince13. I don't consider it ridiculously awesome work, but it was fun to build and well-received.

Can't wait to see them Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours