Ʃ is shown as &#931 on my calculator.
Are you using the Prizm or the TI SourceCoder?
I was using Sourcecoder 2.5.
7MT wrote:
I was using Sourcecoder 2.5.
But are you targetting the Prizm or the TI-83+/84+? Comic makes a good point; I didn't even consider that you might be using the Prizm editor.
It's for the 84+. The Σ appears sometimes, but not always.
7MT wrote:
It's for the 84+. The Σ appears sometimes, but not always.
Hmm, interesting. You must be trying to write notes instead of programs, since there isn't a sigma character in normal TI-BASIC. How are you typing the sigma?
There is actually a two-byte token represented as a sigma.
Yes, I am typing notes. I just put it as Σ when I use it in Text(a,b," etc. It does work if I do "Σ->Str0 and Text(a,b,"<String 1>"+Str0+"<String 2>", but not when the character is part of a string with other characters.
Blue_bear: Believe it or not, I actually knew that. Razz I don't see the value in your post. Please limit yourself to directly-constructive posts.

7MT wrote:
Yes, I am typing notes. I just put it as Σ when I use it in Text(a,b," etc. It does work if I do "Σ->Str0 and Text(a,b,"<String 1>"+Str0+"<String 2>", but not when the character is part of a string with other characters.
Ah, so you're copying and pasting a Unicode sigma. I'm not sure why it is only working part of the time, but I'll try it when I return from some errands and see what I can figure out.
KermMartian wrote:
Blue_bear: Believe it or not, I actually knew that. Razz I don't see the value in your post. Please limit yourself to [...?]

In his defense I believe he misread your post, just like I did.
OK, I've tracked down the issue. 2.53MP added the Σ( command, which is token 239,51. This is a token consisting of the sigma and parentheses characters. Therefore, you cannot use sigma on its own, only followed by a parenthesis.
wait, so 2.53MP broke the use of the existing Σ token in adding the Σ( token? How does that command work? Is it any different from sum(seq(?
Yes. They basically do the same thing, except Σ( doesn't use lists and (end-start)/step can be greater than 999.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours