I ran a 24x24 BMP of orange color, FF7E13 through SourceCoder to be displayed as a sprite. In my program, I use CopySprite to display it to the screen. The problem is, it's pink! ...I can live with that, but I'd prefer orange.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of mass desaturation occuring in either SourceCoder, or the Prizm SDK? I'm pretty sure it's a hardware thing, maybe specific to manufacturing defects in my Prizm.

On an unrelated note, Weregoose showed me a fantastic website, http://colorschemedesigner.com
I say it's just a normal side effect of filtering down the Red and Blue channels more than the Green channel. I personally haven't run into that yet; could you show us a picture example?
Hm. I think it's just a hardware thing, maybe it has to do with my brightness? Because on Screen Receiver, it looks fine.
It could possibly be the brightness or the LCD too. I know, for example, that on the FX-9850G emulators, we had leaf green, royal blue and red-ish orange, but on the actual calc, leaf green was like dark turquoise and orange was red.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours