I have to create a program that can hold 9 formulas and that i could decide what formula to use
Do you know how to create a Menu? (this is in BASIC, right?)
roxyteamo wrote:
I have to create a program that can hold 9 formulas and that i could decide what formula to use
Well, it sounds like you should learn to program TI-BASIC a little more methodically. I recommended my nearly-complete TI-BASIC book, and I still think it's something you should consider, but for now, you need a few major things:

- A menu to let you choose which formula to calculate
- A label for each of the formulas, under which are Input, calculation, and Disp constructs
- Gotos to get you back to the main menu
i know is basic but i don't really know much about it
roxyteamo wrote:
i know is basic but i don't really know much about it
Well, that's what we're here for! Smile The best way to learn general skills would be to start with input and output, then figure out things like conditionals, and then move on to control flow like menus, and Lbl/Goto.
Do you have the manual that comes with the TI-83/84? IIRC it has a complete list of commands you can use in the built-in language.
so, what input and output are for? what about lgl/goto?
iirc, the manual doesn't say anything about programming, but the online guidebook does.
no, the manual has a complete list of commands. 99% sure Very Happy
As far as tutorials go, there's also TIFreakware's tutorials:

http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/

Lincoln: It used to, but the new abbreviated guidebook has almost nothing. :/
i did, i read the command, now i'm the same
Parser Padwan wrote:
iirc, the manual doesn't say anything about programming, but the online guidebook does.
This is the manual he's referring to. When I bought my TI-83 Plus in 2001, it came with the TI-83 Plus guidebook. Not sure if it does anymore, though. (I know the 84+ comes with a smaller manual)
roxyteamo wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean? You're the same as what? Smile Do you understand now how you can use Menu() to direct the flow of execution to one of several Lbls, then put your code under each Lbl for each equation, then Goto back to the main menu?
KermMartian wrote:
As far as tutorials go, there's also TIFreakware's tutorials:

http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/

Lincoln: It used to, but the new abbreviated guidebook has almost nothing. :/

I really need to go back and update those tutorials.. :/
tifreak8x wrote:
I really need to go back and update those tutorials.. :/
I don't suppose I could entice you to link to an upcoming resource for TI-BASIC, perhaps with some chocolates or my eternal gratitude? Wink
so, is there anyone that can help me?
Please post what questions you had and I'll answer them as soon as I get back.
i want to create a program in ti-84 plus and i want to hold 9 chooses in it. i have the formulas but i don't even know how to star the code.
roxyteamo, it's hard to help you when most of your posts are incomprehensible.

KermMartian wrote:
roxyteamo wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean? You're the same as what? Smile Do you understand now how you can use Menu() to direct the flow of execution to one of several Lbls, then put your code under each Lbl for each equation, then Goto back to the main menu?

As you can see, Kerm was trying to help you by allowing you to clarify what you meant, but you never did. Maybe if you answered his questions we could help you further?
when i said the same i mean, i did not understand at all what i read.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours