does anyone know where i can find a tutorial that explains how to make an animated menu on the graph screen.
animation would just be stepping through from point one to final point with diffrent graphics. just program as you usually would. But remember, it will increase the size of your programs
yeah but it would be cooler with menu where you pushed up to go to opton above and down to go to option below and that is why i need the tutorial for stuff like that because i already know how to make little cartoons the ones i did where a hit in biology.
Already, this is fairly easy to do. I will give you some pseudo code , and you can just adapt it to whatever you need.

Code:
:Draw the initlal menu setup
:Delvar N
:Repeat K=105
:Text(2+7N,1,">>
:Repeat K:getkey-->K:End
:Text(2+7N,1,"[7 spaces]
:N+(K=34)(N=/=[number of options minus one])-(K=25)(N=/=0)-->N
:End
that is a little confusing but i will try it out. latter on today i will post what i was doing and could you tell me what is wrong with it.
Alrighty. Pretty much the only things you have to fill in in my example are:
--> what you want the options to say - the first line
--> how many options there are minus 1 (eg, 3 if you have 4 options)
Feel free to look through some of my games, and their code for different menus and what not:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/62/6245.html

If you see one that you sorta like, and would like to adapt it to suit your needs, let me know and I can help you with it...
that is alright ti i do not want to be stealing your works
If you were to use my stuff with permission (which as long as I am asked, I have absolutely no problem with it) then it is more of saying that I did a good job than anything. I am sure Kerm even would feel the same way... Smile
yeah but i would feel like iw as stealing your works just logon later on today and i will have my code on here that i am using. at least i hope to have it on and you can tell me what i am doing wrong.
I can respect that. Smile If I am on here later, I will see what help I can provide. Smile
alright your help will be greatly appreciated.
Definiely, I use all different kinds of menu schemes, and it would be more than fine with me if you used them; I spent all the time making them, they might as well get used. Smile
well here is my code i finally got it working but is there any way it can be optimized.

Code:
program:rwk
:clrhome
:clrdraw
:coordoff
:gridoff
:axesoff
:labeloff
:exproff
:0/->/xmin
:94/->/xmax
:-62/->/ymin
:0/->/ymax
:horizontal -7.5
:text(1,20,"welcome to rwk
:text(15,35,"start
:text(30,35,"help
:text(45,35,"quit
:text(15,28,">
:text(15,57,"<
:1/->/x
:lbl L1
:while 1
:getkey/->/k
:while k=0
:getkey/->/k
:end
:if k=34 and x=1
:then
:2/->/x
:text(15,28,"(3 spaces)
:text(15,57,"(3 spacs)
:text(30,28,">
:text(30,57,"<
:goto L1
:if k=34 and x=2
:3/->/x
:text(30,28,"(3 spaces)
:text(30,57,"(3 spaces)
:text(45,28,">
:text(45,57,"<
:if k=25 and x=3
:2/->/x
:text(45,28,"(3 spaces)
:text(45,57,"(3 spaces)
:text(30,28,">
:text(30,57,"<
:if k=25 and x=2
:1/->/x
:text(30,28,"(3 spaces)
:text(30,57,"(3 spaces)
:text(15,28,">
:text(15,57,"<
:if k=105 and x=1
:then clrdraw
:delvar xdelvar k
:goto (theta)
:if k=105 and x=2
:goto h
:if k=105 and x=3
:goto q

there that is the menu i plan to use unless there is a way i can make it take less memory and that is why i am posting so you can tell me if there is a way. oh and i am going to fix it so that it does not end the program when you push up from start or down from quit.
Here's a hint: http://sc.cemetech.net
how is that a clue are you saying if i transfer it to my calc it will do everything it can to optimize it and make it smaller.
Couple of optimizations tips:

Get rid of all that While and getkey stuff, replace with While W=1, you can change the value of W to make it a more efficient lbl/goto system.

You only need getkey once, as it automatically zero's out the variable.

For your cursors, use variables, like A and B, to keep track of the location.

I will see about postin the code here shortly...
alright
[quote="BASIC Code"]:ClrHome
I noticed that you used goto statements within an If:Then statement, which is a big no-no. It currently detects If Enter is pressed, then Deletes variable W, which makes it 0, naturally. After it slips past the loop, it checks to see what position A was at, and does the Goto... Smile

It is considerably smaller than what you had posted, I hope this helps you out... Smile

Edit:

Also, try to refrain from using negative numbers, as that takes up an extra byte. Wink Every space saved makes the people that use your program that much happier... Very Happy
BASIC Code wrote:
:0Ymin
:1ΔY
:0Xmin
:1ΔX

This saves a few more bytes.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours