What is the best way to implement a GetCalc( function in a BASIC program? Like if you wanted to do two player pong?
I have attempted to make two player games in BASIC myself, but I gave up on the attempt. Here's a link you may find quite useful http://www.unitedti.org/index.php?showtopic=4243.
There's an ASM lib (zcom I think) that is for fast inter-calc communication.
yeah, and I think it works with the USB link also
If you want to use getcalc, make sure the SENDING calc is at a pause, input, menu, prompt, or homescreen, then on the RECEIVING calc, use the GetCalc(VarName command. VarName can be a real, complex, list, gdb, window, equation, string, or pic.
Ok. So I suppose I won't be able to make a decent multiplayer game in BASIC until I use an Asm lib. I'll go get a lib.
It's pretty much impossible to make a decent multiplayer game in BASIC even with a lib. Come to think of it, it's pretty hard even in ASM. Note the marked lack of such programs, save for the famed ZTRIS.

/me chuckles and rubs hands together in glee at the change Doors CS will hopefully make to all this...
lol, I still have to implement 2-player battles for Pokemon... So much fun...
How do you plan to do it? The GetCalc method? If so, my ASM routine I made for ut2 might be helpful to you...
People at Omnimaga has been telling me to use ZCom... That will probably be the last step in making this game though...
Fair enough. Hmm, ZCom...interesting, I'll have to see if it's anything like the prog I made.
Like I said, linking will be the last thing to do, so I have quite a while to decide on what I am going to do. Very Happy

Kirb gave me an idea on compressing flags/events for the game. Now if I can make my self understand what he was saying... Laughing
He gave me the code, so hopefully when I enter it, I will become enlightened... Very Happy
Ah, in bitwise format. That was smart.
Also hard as h*ll to hack and cheat Smile .
That's good too.
Well, if you had enough time and patience....Wink
'Tis indeed more secure.
Some of the modes in DDR should be multiplayer - I'm not sure how many, but if I have modes, the first one should be the revolutionary multiplayer mode. I'm not sure if the coding will be revolutionary, but the idea of the mode will be, guaranteed. I thought of it while playing Phoenix.

I'm probably going to use ZCom for it too. ZCom looks really good and much simpler. This will also be my last step before optimizations.
ZCom is probably a good idea for this type of game.
Yup. I could do it with GetCalc( but as we all know, it's pretty antiquish.
ZCom is awesome. its the only Asm routine that supports the USB link...not even ZTris does.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours