Hi,

Recently I was busy on making a gam in which you drive on a road and should not hit other cars. But for some reason it didn't work, The car didn't want to move more than one time...
I had this:

Code:
:ClrDraw
:AxesOff
:ZStandard
:Line({-}3,{-}10,{-}3,10
:Line(3,{-}10,3,10
:While 1
:For(A,0,56,8
:Text(A,46," !
:End
:randInt(0,1,20
:For(A,4,56,8
:For(B,1,20
:52→A
:getKey→K
:If K=24 and A=52:Then
:Text(50,A,"     "
:38→A
:Text(50,A,"[]
:If K=26 and A=38:Then

Any help?

Because this didn't work I was about to make a car sprite.
I downloaded xLib to be able to easy recall pictures in my program but the "real(" command didn't work.
I tried some game which use xLib, like SHIFT and LINE RIDER, but both said INSTALL XLIB. But I installed it. What to do?

Hope someone can help me with this.
Devreugkx wrote:
Hi,

Recently I was busy on making a gam in which you drive on a road and should not hit other cars. But for some reason it didn't work, The car didn't want to move more than one time...
I had this:

Code:
:ClrDraw
:AxesOff
:ZStandard
:Line({-}3,{-}10,{-}3,10
:Line(3,{-}10,3,10
:While 1
:For(A,0,56,8
:randInt(0,1,20
:For(A,4,56,8
:For(B,1,20
:getKey→K
:If K=24 and A=52:Then
:38→A
:If K=26 and A=38:Then

Any help?

Because this didn't work I was about to make a car sprite.
I downloaded xLib to be able to easy recall pictures in my program but the "real(" command didn't work.
I tried some game which use xLib, like SHIFT and LINE RIDER, but both said INSTALL XLIB. But I installed it. What to do?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Right...
First of all, did you already open the Xlib app and specifically enable it? if not, then do that and test again.

If you already enabled it, then check what OS version you have. Xlib is known to not work entirely with Mathprint OS(2.53 and 2.55)
I did really enable it.
I tried CLASSIC instead of MATHPRINT, still the same problem.
Maybe it got something to do with DCS, because there is also an XLib etc..... function.
Devreugkx wrote:
Most of the problems caused by MathPrint OSes can't be fixed by going back to Classic. If the OS is the problem, you'll have to install an older one (preferably 2.43), but I'm not completely sure that it is.
Anywhere I can donwload 2.43? I was looking, but all the links I found didn't work for some reason :ninja:
I think one of the other languages of TI's website has 2.43 still available.
This one should work: http://education.ti.com/downloads/files/83plus/TI84Plus_OS243.8Xu
Devreugkx wrote:
I did really enable it.
Maybe it got something to do with DCS, because there is also an XLib etc..... function.
Doors CS already supplies every xLIB function; you can delete the actual xLIB application and reinstall the Doors CS hooks. Smile xLIB's hooks don't work properly under the MP OSes, but Doors CS is patched to allow xLIB and other hybrid hooks to work in MP OSes.
Allright that's nice.
But xLib works with OS 2.43
Some games require xLib and check if it's installed, so I'll keep the program.

Can somebody solve the problem with my game that car don't want to move anymore? (see 1st/2nd post)

Anyway thanks guys =)
Devreugkx wrote:
Allright that's nice.
But xLib works with OS 2.43
Some games require xLib and check if it's installed, so I'll keep the program.

Can somebody solve the problem with my game that car don't want to move anymore? (see 1st/2nd post)

Anyway thanks guys =)
That's what I'm saying, Doors CS has all of the xLIB functions, including the one that tells programs that xLIB is installed. Smile It's a complete replacement for xLIB (and yes, it works on 2.43 too). If you have both DCS and xLIB on your calculator, you essentially have two copies of the same thing (except that the DCS versions of the xLIB functions have been super-optimized and debugged Wink).

Regarding your bug, I notice that you set "52→A " inside every single getKey loop, which doesn't seem like what you'd want.
Is the car supposed to be the []? A For( loop is not going to be good for using as a getKey loop, you're going to want to replace it with either a While or Repeat loop.

Also, is this the program in its entirety?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours