» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
That sucks... I recently put up a private server for me and my local friends to play on. I looked at evocatus before but never had time to go there...
AHelper wrote:
That sucks... I recently put up a private server for me and my local friends to play on. I looked at evocatus before but never had time to go there...
It was a very fun place while it lasted: lots of fun building, great PvP, and I had a good time as a moderator and administrator.
Now creative I would definetly join in. I am not much of a PVP fan, which is why I never really bought Minecraft. This summer I should have some money, so i may end up joining you here.
I've got a constant server running for a friend and I. It's not nearly as setup as Evocatus was but it has zones and economy which are about the only huge mods I have. I have MineEXP where you get EXP for mining certain amounts of certain blocks, and the more time you spend in game the more money you earn in iConomy.

I'd be open for other mods if others want to join, but I have a whitelist. Right now it's a creative world as I build things but once it's done I plan to have turn it back to a survivalist and introduce a creative multi-world.

There's a quirk at the moment, it restarts about five times a day but I'm trying to find the plugin that is doing this so I can change it to twice or once a day.
As some of you know, I've been running a server for quite awhile now, and it's quite stable and Im always looking for new people and builds. However I do not run a PvP or RPG server. PvP is only allowed between parties such as duels. No raiding of peoples items, griefing or stealing, all of which are a bannable offense. The server is pretty vanilla, all survival with a few plugins to help with admin duties, and multiworld for a creative and hardcore world, but I do believe it is down right now. I run a white-listed server and you need me, or one of the other admins on my server to add you to the list.
The rules to my server are here If you are interested. There may be a few ones that I forgot, but if anyone is interested feel free to ask me, (assuming I'm around, I've been very busy lately) or any of my other admins. You can always stop by my IRC channel on efnet (#rcfreak0) to see who is around. The admins are currently: rcfreak0, Jonimus, Hunterm, Fishbot, Weregoose, and AMDX9. Most are normally in my channel to reach, and Hunterm maintains my server so he can answer plugin questions better than me sometimes. The server IP, and my website are in my signature as well. Feel free to browse my forums for any information about the server, even if some posts are a tad dated.
[/shameless server plug]
rcreak0, is your server currently creative, survival, or what? I remember having a great time last summer exploring it as a creative experience contrasting the survival/PvP of Evocatus. I'm also working on putting together my own server, consisting of an archive of my town builds (Arcadias 3, 4, and 5) and my several Minecraft machines and houses. It's currently hosted on my desktop, but I might consider something slightly more expansive (though still relatively small) if other people would have interest in coming and building with me.
Feel free to stop by my server as well, im working on adding more features (level perks, etc) and will soon be able to manage it while I'm away.

Of course, it's be hard to keep up with so many servers. If you'd like place your world under my server, I'd be more than happy to allow it.

I can easily handle 7 to 12 active players.

But no feelings if you opt for rcfreak or your own Smile
Oh yes, I could certainly do that too. Smile One of the main reasons that I might want to run it on my own server/computer is that I plan to get a bit creative with mods, especially circuitry/rail mods, but I'm not exactly sure where I'll go with those yet.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh yes, I could certainly do that too. Smile One of the main reasons that I might want to run it on my own server/computer is that I plan to get a bit creative with mods, especially circuitry/rail mods, but I'm not exactly sure where I'll go with those yet.

In that case, I'd be happy to suggest a few that I've found very useful:

-Railcraft is, as implied by its name, a mod that adds new kinds of rails. However, it goes further than that, adding a signalling system, additional fuels, and aesthetic blocks such as metal fences and concrete posts.
-If that seems a bit too complicated, I'd recommend steve's carts, which simply adds many new carts to the game. These include powered carts that you can ride on, mining carts, torch placers, and many more.
-Now for circuitry, the best is probably redpower 2. It adds redstone wiring capable of going up walls, bundled cables, allowing you to run multiple separate signals through the same block, many logic gates, the ability to cut blocks apart into 'microblocks', and machines such as block breakers, deployers, and a tubing system to sort things. Recently, new stuff like a computer system and Frames have been added as well. And, if you only want some of the features, Redpower is fully modular, allowing you to choose what you want, and nothing more.
KermMartian wrote:

I'm open for mods. Any of them. As much as I want a survival world I always find myself in creative which is why I'd like two worlds for creative & survival but I'm not sure how well that'd work out with inventories.

turiqwalrus, I can't find those in BukkitCraft. Are they mods for another version of a modded MC server?
KermMartian wrote:
rcreak0, is your server currently creative, survival, or what? I remember having a great time last summer exploring it as a creative experience contrasting the survival/PvP of Evocatus. I'm also working on putting together my own server, consisting of an archive of my town builds (Arcadias 3, 4, and 5) and my several Minecraft machines and houses. It's currently hosted on my desktop, but I might consider something slightly more expansive (though still relatively small) if other people would have interest in coming and building with me.

Mine will always be survival. We had (have?) multi-verse up so there is a create world you can visit and build on, along with a hardcore world, but I don't know if those plugins are updated or not. My main map is still survival and your more than welcome to come on and build! Massive builds are greatly appreciated, just need to find unclaimed land Smile which normally people will help you with, or dynmap is helpful as well.
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I'm open for mods. Any of them. As much as I want a survival world I always find myself in creative which is why I'd like two worlds for creative & survival but I'm not sure how well that'd work out with inventories.

turiqwalrus, I can't find those in BukkitCraft. Are they mods for another version of a modded MC server?

Ah... you have a point. I just forgot that the server was bukkit Razz
Also, I mostly play SSP, so I'm not entirely aware of which mods are multiplayer-compatible and which aren't...

Railcraft and Redpower2 are both vanilla multiplayer, and steve's carts is (sadly) only single-player
It sounds as if Redpower is (almost) a drop-in replacement for Falsebook, other than that I'll have to re-wire parts of my mountain and vaults; the one thing I'm concerned about is that I'm not sure if it supports redstone-activated mob spawners like Falsebook. Do you happen to know?
KermMartian wrote:
It sounds as if Redpower is (almost) a drop-in replacement for Falsebook, other than that I'll have to re-wire parts of my mountain and vaults; the one thing I'm concerned about is that I'm not sure if it supports redstone-activated mob spawners like Falsebook. Do you happen to know?

I don't think so... Keep in mind, as well, that it's for vanilla servers, so no bukkit here...

However, it should be possible to make a machine that can deploy/break the mob spawner at will, if that helps.
If you like circuitry mods, you'll love vertical redstone. The best feature, in my opinion, is the fact that vertical wires will not connect horizontally, so you can make 1-block, non-delayed data buses
willrandship wrote:
If you like circuitry mods, you'll love vertical redstone. The best feature, in my opinion, is the fact that vertical wires will not connect horizontally, so you can make 1-block, non-delayed data buses
Hmm, that's pretty cool. Is it part of some existing mod, or a separate mod? My friend elderofmagic said (I believe) that the Tekkit mod has redstone and others packaged up nicely; have any of you tried it?
KermMartian wrote:
willrandship wrote:
Hmm, that's pretty cool. Is it part of some existing mod, or a separate mod? My friend elderofmagic said (I believe) that the Tekkit mod has redstone and others packaged up nicely; have any of you tried it?

I haven't played Tekkit, but I have tested most of the component mods... the main redstone mod in there is RedPower, as a matter of fact Wink
The only mod in there that I'm a bit iffy about is Minefactory reloaded, as it's a bit redundant(around 90% of the features for that are already included in other parts...
And one that I forgot about: Computercraft. This one's pretty great, it allows you to create lua scripts and stuff.
TL;DR: go with tekkit, you won't regret it
As I just cross-posted in the Arcadia 3.0 topic, the Evocat.us server is sort of back up and running. Pizzabboy, Cheesejerk, and myself have founded Arcadia 5.0, and need town members who are trustyworthy, intelligent Cemetechians. If you want to help mine and build, awesome; if you can only stop by once so that we can build our population, that would be appreciated too. Just look for one of the three of us.
*bump* Although I have an extremely low view of the general userbase on this server, Arcadia 5 (or is it 6?) has been progressing nicely. We have claimed 33 of 40 plots, we have many thousands of the in-game currency, we have a vault, fledgling walls, a great canal built by AHelper, and (soon) the second iteration of a massive melon/pumpkin farm. We have no fewer than six spawners (2 zombie, 2 spider, 2 skeleton) within the bounds of our walls, and we'd love to have you to come dig, build, mine, and defend Arcadia. Just hop on (IP: one.yogiverse.com) and look for Cheesejerk, Pizzabboy, or KermMartian). Hope to see you there!
*bumpity bump* Check out these great screenshots of the spawn building and the fledgling Arcadia 5! Gotta love this shader mod.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours