» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Is this 1.2.3 or 1.2.5 (if this was mentioned earlier sorry!)
EDIT:
Nevermind also I successfully connected to the server
AHelper wrote:
What do you mean by too crisp? Do you mean that the texture doesn't look good when you view it from far away? The textures are too different from one another and don't flow as well as smaller ones? Or...?

There's no soft edges in the texture pack. Granted, not a lot of packs have "soft edges" but when it's an 8x8 or 16x16 pixel tile, it's not a huge deal. But at 512 you should provide some visual relief among all the harsh, solid colors. It looks alright at 256 but I wouldn't use a photo realistic texture pack again unless the detail was subdued a bit or MC incorporated DoF and other tweaks to make the textures look good at far render distances.
Some awesome things that will be in the next MC version that will help Arcadia:
Quote:
Fixed redstone updates not propagating through unloaded chunks
Fixed repeaters getting stuck when loading their chunk

The melon farm will no longer die and get stuck Very Happy

Quote:
Fixed being able to duplicate sand, gravel and powered rail

Oh well (There's a rail version? o_O)

Quote:
Fixed pistons not pushing back players

I hope elevators are fixed.

And more to come.
We should gather all pistons and sticky pistons we have, and fill all our chests with duplicated sand, now we still can. And maybe try to find the rail version as well.
KermMartian wrote:
The central shafts in the towers are intended to carry items/drops downwards to the vault. Is the current stair design bothersome to anyone? I currently don't mind walking up terribly much. I'd be interested in seeing that design somewhere anyway, though. Smile Also, The current task in the tower is excavating the lobby of the nearly-complete tower and finishing said lobby before we move on to the next tower and the gate.

I just dug out the lobby. Do you want the floor to be a certain type of brick? Sandstone?
He may not have a continuous connection to the net. Not to speak for him but why not poll the community while on the server and go with that?
comicIDIOT wrote:
He may not have a continuous connection to the net. Not to speak for him but why not poll the community while on the server and go with that?

I can't poll as I don't catch many people while I am on (Only ben_g and FinaleTI).
I think stone brick or sandstone would be nice; probably stone brick. I do indeed have quite the sporadic internet connection. Oh, and definitely build gravel and sand generators and stockpile a lot of those, and we should figure out the powered rail dupe bug, especially since those require gold. Perhaps I could even have the Arcadian rail line I've always wanted. Smile Also, AHelper, with the new boat-based timer, the melon farm shouldn't get stuck anyway. 0rac343: Did you get someone to add you to the town yet?
KermMartian wrote:
we should figure out the powered rail dupe bug

Oh, it seems like my edit didn't go through. I tested with finaleTI and the powered rail dupe is fixed in CraftBukkit R4. I do have a stockpile of gold on me (>70) so I can make quite a bit of powered rails, costing money, but oh well...

About the rails, we should wait until everyone gets full sized plots. I'm sure that knowing exactly where all of the stops will be is the best method for planning.

Also, what are we going to do about that wall that intersects the tower? Will we remove the glass blocks and let you go down to it? (We need to get the walls done in general, I don't want to jump around on top of these walls Razz )

<sarcasm>Woo, the canal was griefed today!</sarcasm> Fixed it, but someone must have a lot of sugar canes Razz

Will we be putting in a gate in the walls at all? I have been exploring small and large pistons doors (I use a 2x2 and 3x3 in my house now, but also know how to make larger ones), so I don't know what path you are going to take for the entrance.

Lastly,
KermMartian wrote:
I do indeed have quite the sporadic internet connection.

sporadicinternet--
The gate is going to go at the front, in between the two towers. I'll probably grab one more plot to push it one plot outwards, or perhaps even three plots. I'm waiting until we purchase up to 80 plots (from the current 52) to finish the walls, to avoid wasted work. We need to figure out which 28 plots to get, make sure we have enough money from depositing gold, and then (as you say) finish the walls.
How much do we need per-plot? /towny prices doesn't give me a price. Also, woo, we are the 4th largest town!
AHelper wrote:
How much do we need per-plot? /towny prices doesn't give me a price. Also, woo, we are the 4th largest town!
It's 20K to start a town, then 1K per plot. Don't forget to sell lots of half-stacks of melons for at least 59y each. Wink
I have over 12k in gold and what's on me. I can sell stuff and bump it up more tomorrow.
AHelper wrote:
I have over 12k in gold and what's on me. I can sell stuff and bump it up more tomorrow.
Awesome, greatly appreciated. And we have enough people in this thread looking to join Arcadia that we can certainly get to the twenty town members to grow to 80 max plots.
I have a friend in poland that might be able to join up Very Happy
AHelper wrote:
I have a friend in poland that might be able to join up Very Happy
No objections here! Maybe we can even aim for 25 townies and 100 plots, although that would make us have to raise even more money and wait even longer to finish the town and walls.
I don't know what the plan for the gate is, but I found a neat and pretty compact 16 block wide portcullis that would possibly work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_FkF8GpNk4&list=FL_S2tksfa56i57IgeBh88Tw&index=3&feature=plpp_video
I'm actually more or less sold on using a Falsebook [Gate] for the front gate. You can see what the Arcadia 2.0 gate looked like here:

Here are two modified floor types I was playing around with:

Both provide the right light and you can replace the pumpkins with lamps/glowstone Smile (Image 1 had the colors done for pumpkins in mind)
I like the second one a lot. The maroon wool looks great, although if we go with that, I'd like to incorporate some maroon wool into the walls, perhaps one block right below the torch on each buttress spine. Thoughts?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours