» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will we add in one plot outside the walls to stop people from just making dirt towers and jumping? (Also protecting the spring. I can remove the vines so people can't get up onto anything worth while. We still don't own that)
For now, I'll just keep the mod manually updated, but I have a few ideas I need to test that may make it a bit more automated. Even if it has to remain manual, it's only about a 30 second process to update the mod, compiling included.

Also, I just tested my mod with SonicEther's shaders mod, and I'm happy to report that it works with no noticeable conflicts.
I have an elevator design that I can put into the KermTower. It is 3x3 and can replace the center column. It lets you go back down, but not as fast as falling into water. Would anyone want this in the second tower before major work is done on the interior?
The central shafts in the towers are intended to carry items/drops downwards to the vault. Is the current stair design bothersome to anyone? I currently don't mind walking up terribly much. I'd be interested in seeing that design somewhere anyway, though. Smile Also, The current task in the tower is excavating the lobby of the nearly-complete tower and finishing said lobby before we move on to the next tower and the gate.
AHelper wrote:
Will we add in one plot outside the walls to stop people from just making dirt towers and jumping? (Also protecting the spring. I can remove the vines so people can't get up onto anything worth while. We still don't own that)
In the past, we have simply tolerated people towering over the walls, and occasionally cleaned up the towers. At least this way we get visitors to see our great architecture work and invaders to kill for items.
what time are you guys generally online?
I'd like to join Arcadia, but no one's around when I connect...

(BTW, I kinda fixed my problem with minecraft freezing. now it takes several hours to get to that point, due to me adding a cooling stand. Apparently, overheating had something to do with it)
Mornings and evenings EST, generally. We would love to have you in the town, though, especially since you'll be the 20th member and push us to 80 plots. Smile
Note that Ben_g died in the elevator since you have it open for people to get stuck in your mob grinder.

I believe that this elevator lets items fall down it. I will verify in a few minutes on peva.

<edit> confirmed, items fall down it.
Ah, it's not actually supposed to be open; it's supposed to be a straight drop shaft. Smile I'll see what I can do to fix that.
as in the shaft shouldn't be used to drop down? That makes sense.

The elevator is on my roof and works, but requires that you know how to use it so you don't break it Smile

On a town-based note: I finished the top of the wall for my plot. It doesn't help since the other plots are blocking the top of the wall. There's no way to get on it now from inside arcadia. We should get that finished
KermMartian wrote:
Mornings and evenings EST, generally. We would love to have you in the town, though, especially since you'll be the 20th member and push us to 80 plots. Smile

Which basically limits me to weekends, due to the time difference.
I'll try to come on as often as possible, though...
turiqwalrus wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Which basically limits me to weekends, due to the time difference.
I'll try to come on as often as possible, though...
Well, when are you online, either in your local time or in EST?
On schooldays, pretty much right after school ends, so 14:45 GMT-1
On weekends, I have the whole day free, though.
On my way to visit another town, I raided two underground bases, amassing quite a quantity of diamonds, lapis, 5 stacks of iron, and over a full stack of gold ingots. I also collected a great deal of coal and cobble for continued building projects. Feel free to help clear out the lobby of the current one, finish the sandstone buttresses, and work on the lobby so that we can start the other one and work on the gate. Also, there's now a fully-functional, fully-auto mushroom farm in the top, and I've fixed the timer on the melon farm to be more reliable.
Sooo I just saw this and I was wondering if I could join?
Also could someone inbox me the IP please? Very Happy
Here are some screenies of the spring outside Arcadia at night.

http://ahelper.users.sf.net/2012-07-20_17.22.57.png
http://ahelper.users.sf.net/2012-07-20_17.21.44.png

They are very large, so I just linked to them.
0rac343 wrote:
Sooo I just saw this and I was wondering if I could join?
Also could someone inbox me the IP please? Very Happy
No need to send it via PM; it's http://one.yogiverse.com . Let us know when you hop on so that we can add you to Arcadia.

AHelper: Photorealistic texture pack, eh?
KermMartian wrote:

Yup.
AHelper wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Yup.

I had that same texture pack, but the high detail was too crisp - as there's no depth of field - and stuff looked weird and things.

I've got a 16x16 pack now, 512 was just too detailed.
I use the 256 texture pack. Personally, I hate the DoV provided by the GLSL mods as it makes stuff hard to see stuff (It's not just MC that I cannot stand DoF with).

What do you mean by too crisp? Do you mean that the texture doesn't look good when you view it from far away? The textures are too different from one another and don't flow as well as smaller ones? Or...?

If you meant weird as in looking far away and the textures get very random and pixelated/grainy, OptiFine fixes that with antialiasing to the max.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours