» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
You should really rollback the permission changes. Currently, residents cannot build on unowned plots. That means no progress on (insert word that refers to a tall stone structure intended to keep out unwanted visitors)/wall building, no accessing chests, no getting out of holes and such, and no manual resource gathering.

Oh, and fezzes are still cool.
AHelper wrote:
You should really rollback the permission changes. Currently, residents cannot build on unowned plots. That means no progress on (insert word that refers to a tall stone structure intended to keep out unwanted visitors)/wall building, no accessing chests, no getting out of holes and such, and no manual resource gathering.

Oh, and fezzes are still cool.
I'm afraid that's not going to happen. I'm inviting a whole bunch of new users, whom I don't trust with the public chests. I will help you move your stuff to a plot of your own, and I will be using my peredur alt account to set a few select plots (like the farm plots) to be open to all residents. Smile How does that work for you?
That works. I couldn't find a way to have each person have different permissions :-\ Moving stuff would be great. Poke me when you can do that.

<edit> Actually, I did find a way to whitelist people.
  • Claim all of the public plots under a different player
  • Set the permissions on the shared plots as residents have no permission and set the player's permission as friends have normal permission
  • Add people to the player's friends list in towny
  • Only whitelisted people can build on the plots that you mark.
So, I got some weird screenies.... This is using the original texture pack...

AHelper wrote:
That works. I couldn't find a way to have each person have different permissions :-\ Moving stuff would be great. Poke me when you can do that.

<edit> Actually, I did find a way to whitelist people.
  • Claim all of the public plots under a different player
  • Set the permissions on the shared plots as residents have no permission and set the player's permission as friends have normal permission
  • Add people to the player's friends list in towny
  • Only whitelisted people can build on the plots that you mark.
Aye, that's the standard way to do it. The trick is to find a town member who's willing; I usually just use my alt account. I promise we'll deal with moving your stuff to a plot today. Smile
KermM, I tried to give a friend permissions, but it seems like it just makes it open to all residents. Does it actually work with friends? I didn't test much at all.
AHelper wrote:
KermM, I tried to give a friend permissions, but it seems like it just makes it open to all residents. Does it actually work with friends? I didn't test much at all.
You're supposed to be able to add a member as a friend and give that person permissions, but they very well may have that functionality disabled in this version of the server. I know that it used to work.
So I've been working on a quick and dirty clientside mod to allow us to easier identify fellow Arcadians, and it seems to work!
I was able to quickly test it when ahelper was on earlier, and it worked, albeit a small texture glitch i believe I've fixed.

What it does is render a crown atop the head of every Arcadian, and bump their nameplates up so the crown doesn't obscure it.

Here's a screenie of me with the crown on in my inventory screen. (No one else was on for me to screenshot with at the time)
https://img.ourl.ca/rfg/2012-07-14_22.22.01.png (It's a bit too big to embed)

If you guys think this mod could be useful, let me know and I'll post it up.
That sounds like a great idea to me; thanks for putting this together! You should definitely post it up so that we can give it a try. I should mention that I have a very heavily-modified client with Optifine and a classy shader mod, minimap, etc; do you expect that this will interfere with those? Also, I hope that the server is back soon so we can get back to work on the tower. Smile
So long as none of the mods conflict with a modded ModelBiped, RenderLiving, and RenderPlayer, (fe.class, we.class, xg.class) it should be fine. If it does conflict, I suppose I could look into how to make MCPatcher mods, which would just patch the code into said classes, making it more compatible with things.

My client currently uses Optifine and a few other mods and it works fine.

To install, just download the zip below and drop all the files inside into the minecraft.jar, and you're good to go! (Hopefully)

Download: http://arcadia.muckerman.tk
FinaleTI wrote:
So long as none of the mods conflict with a modded ModelBiped, RenderLiving, and RenderPlayer, (fe.class, we.class, xg.class) it should be fine. If it does conflict, I suppose I could look into how to make MCPatcher mods, which would just patch the code into said classes, making it more compatible with things.

My client currently uses Optifine and a few other mods and it works fine.

To install, just download the zip below and drop all the files inside into the minecraft.jar, and you're good to go! (Hopefully)

Download: http://arcadia.muckerman.tk

You should upload it to the cemetech archives, perhaps?!
Aye, you should definitely submit it to the Cemetech archives, along with any calculator programs that you think would fit in well. I think we should probably also drop a few interesting screenshots into this thread as we build, explore, and raid.
I'd be glad to submit it to the archives, but I wanted to make sure it worked for others first, in case I needed to work out any major bugs.
FinaleTI wrote:
I'd be glad to submit it to the archives, but I wanted to make sure it worked for others first, in case I needed to work out any major bugs.
That makes sense. I'll try to get a chance to try it out later.
I've updated the zip since Linc911 is now an Arcadian.
FinaleTI wrote:
I've updated the zip since Linc911 is now an Arcadian.
Ohhh, it manually does that? Any way for it to pull the data from ./town Arcadia, or is that too much text-parsing work? Smile
@KermM, my house.... plays music. It ran out of space on a 16x32 plot, but it plays! You can pop on and poke me and I can play it.
I'm not sure how to have it grab info from the console. I could look into that, but right now, it does it manually. It's really easy to update it whenever a new member is added, thankfully.
<music>
I have been prototyping a different note block layout. I compressed it so that a 14x6x18 (l/w/h) section plays 22 seconds, containing 2 sets of 6 rows. A 12 row section is still enough to hear the music (not too high up) and will be able to fit a 3 minute song (Turkish March Very Happy ) in only 27 blocks wide.
</music>

I suggest not having it issue commands itself. Why? peva it now a sillyface as its spam system is _very_ picky. I am constantly getting console warnings, so :-\ (Mainly from /home to check the time remaining for teleporting).
AHelper: I'm glad you're having fun with music blocks. Smile
FinaleTI: That's good. I guess based on what AHelper said, that might actually be a better solution.
Everyone: I was thinking of putting mushroom farms at the top of both towers; the shafts in the centers of the towers are meant to be item pipes for any farms that get built in the towers. Any thoughts on that? We probably also need some reed farming, which might end up on some of the tower floors. If anyone wants to start the walls and floors of the second tower, that would be much appreciated. I also want to work on the sandstone buttressing, the aboveground walkway that will link the two, and eventually, the front gate that will be one plot forward between the two towers. In addition, once we get 1 more member and finalize the plot purchases to get ourselves up to 80 plots, we should move and finalize the walls.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours