Project name: Creationz

In a world where people's motivation creates creatures, a young newcomer joins in. As you work to communicate with your home-town, you slowly begin developing your first Creation. Once born, you decide your own path. Become a good citizen and build onto your town, or demolish it in one demonic swoop. Gather resources with your friends, build your empire, and fend off invasions of others and their own Creationz.

This is both a book, and a game I am working on with the input of some very close friends. It's been a blast getting the basics written to code, and although not all my friends are enthusiastic about the way I'm going about it, there are some really nifty ideas coming together. Essentially, as you may have guessed, it starts out a lot like pokemon. To boot, it has a very similar engine. Top view, tile based, walk around, etc etc. Some of the key differences is that your Creation can break down objects in the game and convert them to resources. Drop a tree, get some wood, dig a hole, get some dirt. If you want, you can even pair up with friends in infinite-generatable maps, collecting resources and fighting off abandoned Creationz, and dungeon hunting for bosses. Crafting for the majority is done through specialized town vendors.

most up-to-date screen-shot:

movement is smooth and unbroken. tiles are stolen from pokemon for the time being as i fix the remaining quirks. sprite hasn't been decided. Generator creates completely random maps! Though its not as smooth as I might like, I'll be working on tweaking things a little bit.

Current Tasks:

>redesign the tiles and add a crap-ton of them, ultimately allowing me to make some progress on the generator.
    >create a few character sprites. not as much fun staring at a placement icon.
    >continue working with the new map generator and get it balanced

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours