Planed features:
-Interact with calcnet routines and such for handeling data
-Offer data handlers that may be slow but will help prevent misfires
-Anything else you want like things to manage connections and such
-The mandatory splash screen for gcn (you can just add in the required image to your game if you want will explain in readme)

Issues:
I can say now. L1 and L3 will suffer if you use calcnet nothing can be done about it it is where Kerm keeps the stuff CalcNet lives on

The Key routines will mimic axe's but will not be the same

anything else thats needed or wanted ask. I will also be using this thread for help on making axioms as some of it is like LOLWUT to me. but at least I get calcnet xD

Currently Accomplished:

Command set:
SetS Sets the ok to send flag
ResS Resets the ok to send flag note i see no applicable use other than to change data if the data in the buffer was not sent in a reasonable time
SetR Sets the "you got data" flag, only applicable use is to block incoming messages
ResR Resets the "You got data flah" Allows more data to come in

GetS returns the send buffer flag
GetR returns the recieve buffer flag

There is also a wrapper that sets up pointers for use.
ok Question time. Kerm what sections of ram does the portion of code that turns the calculator on and off use? as its breaking something with axe >.<
geekboy1011 wrote:
ok Question time. Kerm what sections of ram does the portion of code that turns the calculator on and off use? as its breaking something with axe >.<
This is literally all it does in that code:

Code:
   ;start with Off stuff
   in a,(4)
   bit 0,a
   jr z,Cn2_NoOff
   ld a,2
   out ($10),a ;turn off screen
   res OnInterrupt,(iy+OnFlags)
   bcall(_debounceon)
   im 1
    eI         ; disable interrupts
   ld   a,1
   out   (3),a
   halt
   di
   im 1
   ld a,3
   bcall(_debounceon)
uhm kerm i have to ask. why do you

Code:

im 1
ei         ; DISABLES INTERRUPTS????

</stuff>
im 1

that just makes no sense to me....

oh and some how when that code is getting called it is destroying hl apparently

Code:
ei         ; disable interrupts
That's what we in the programming community call a joke. Very early in my programming career, I had that marked "enable interrupts;" later I realized what a useless and obvious comment it was, so to mock my silliness, I changed it to say what it says now.

I can only assume that debounceon is the culprit, but I must say, _every_ CALCnet 2.2 program to date has absolutely no problem with that code, so I question if perhaps Axe is doing something special with the shadow registers.
The only time the shadows are used is in custom interupgs (not being used here) and grey-scale updating. again not in use here >.<

also can you clarify why you im 1 there?

EDIT:

Code:

_:
 ld b,$10
_:
 in a,($04)
 bit 3,a
 jr z,--_
 djnz -_

well thats deobounce on. it does not touch hl >.<

edit i lie thats the code that is called when you handle the on key. i have yet to find the code you pasted
Ok I think the bug was found. In this code

KermMartian wrote:

Code:
   ;start with Off stuff
   in a,(4)
   bit 0,a
   jr z,Cn2_NoOff
   ld a,2
   bcall(_debounceon)
   im 1
    eI         ; disable interrupts
   ld   a,1
   out   (3),a
   halt
   di
   im 1
   ld a,3
   bcall(_debounceon)

You are in an interupt. and then you

Code:

im 1
 ei
 halt

doest flop out the shadow registers for the program registers use them then flip them back because your in an interupt?

and yes I have gotten this to crash netpong as well and make it display garbage by just using the on key in combination with second (to restart the game when the ball hits the side).
I must be looking at the wrong code or something, because I agree that that bit of code makes no sense. I have noticed a double
KermMartian wrote:
I have noticed a double

....a double, what?
I was going to say something on SAX but I assumed he was posting from his phone by the amount of KermMartians joining SAX, so I just laid belief that he would catch it.

My faith is starting to waiver. Laughing
comicIDIOT wrote:
I was going to say something on SAX but I assumed he was posting from his phone by the amount of KermMartians joining SAX, so I just laid belief that he would catch it.

My faith is starting to waiver. 0x5
I had to go to sleep, so I hit "Post" on my phone despite not being done with the post and figured I'd fix it this morning.

I must be looking at the wrong code or something, because I agree that that bit of code makes no sense. I have noticed a double shut-off when pressing [ON] (that is, the calculator turns on, off and then on again when you press [ON] from the CALCnet interrupt), so this could be related. I'm glad you're bringing this up before I finished and released DCS 7.2; this is what I get for re-using code I wrote seven years ago without proofreading it. Smile
lol well I am pretty sure that in the code in wabbit you are doing more or less the same thing. Its actually not even the code you have posted above thats in my copy of dcs in wabbit 0.o but you still do the same mistake so the point is moot. Im kinda shocked this went with out noticing tho....guess the power off feature is used alot less than we thought xD
Oh look, I did make a thread here, so crosspost. So lets see how this works....open beta go?!?!?

Everything needed is in the zip, even the source. I just need someone to tell me if it works, I just can't understand Axe... If you have any questions pertaining to CALCnet just ask. I'll be more than willing to show you how it works if Kerm's documentation is confusing to you. There is no guarantee that this works. and it is by no means even close to done. this just has the basic API in it. Also read through the program in the wrapper folder I forgot to explain what they do and what they are. I'll make a edit later with that info, but they should be self-explanatory.

Warning, these are screen stretchers:

Flowcharts
http://geekboy.57o9.org/CALCNet/CALCnet%20Server%20Client%20Initialization%20Flow.png
http://geekboy.57o9.org/CALCNet/FrameFlowControl.png
http://geekboy.57o9.org/CALCNet/gcnaxiom%20beta.7z this is the current beta

EDIT:
Updated the download... I messed some stuff up in it
So the current beta, the last link there...I downloaded it, but all I could find were two .8xps. I didn't really know what to do? All the Axioms I've ever used are appvars, not programs. Is there a different way to use this Axiom?
Just put it in ram and use it like a normal axiom. Axe will convert it on the fly and turn it into an appvar.

as for the two .8xps

gcnaxe.8xp is the actual axiom

gcnlib.8xp is a wrapper that just defines some locations in ram for you. Refer to the dcs wiki for those if you have to. i hope they are kinda self explanatory.

and I apologize in advance for the lack of making peer management easy I haven't coded in a handler for clients and stuff yet you have to do all that by hand (which is why there is that wrapper >.> <.<)
Alright, I'll try it out again and let you know how it goes.
http://geekboy.57o9.org/gcnaxiom%20beta%20v0.0.2.7z

thats the most upto date one I added a new command.

CnOnr = toggles the debug mode

The info on that is on the bottom of the interfacing calcnet page in the dcs wiki located here
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php?title=Interfacing_CALCnet2
The link is broken - it says google chrome can't find geekboy.57o9.org
LincolnB wrote:
The link is broken - it says google chrome can't find geekboy.57o9.org
Seems to work fine to me. Smile But geekboy, you should really upload your Axiom to the Cemetech archives anyway.
that's strange, it definitely doesn't work for me.
EDIT: got a new link from geekboy through saxjax.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours